vinaykala

'affected person ' under rti act

Question

vinaykala

Dear sir,

please define 'affected person' under rti act.

How does he differ from any citizen seeking info

vinay kala

mar 01,09

13 answers to this question

sandeepbaheti
please define 'affected person' under rti act.

The definition is not provided in RTI Act. Whether or not a person is an affected person is a question of fact.

vinaykala

dear sir,

thanksl

i too felt affected person is not defined in act but sec41d talks of reasons to be assigned to affected persons under the act

vinay kala

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

aggrieved person and affected person. Is there any difference between the two?

jps50

In this case of 4.1.d, it would be a person who has been directly affected by the decision of PA and mostly he would be the applicant

colnrkurup

An information falling under the RTI Act can be sought by any cityzen of India, so long as it does not fall under the excemptions and third party information. But information falling under the ambit of Section 4(1)(d) can be sought ONLY by the affected persons. Hope it is clear.

vinaykala

dear sir,thanks,

I UNDERSTAND THAT INFO ON REASONS FOR ACTIONS CAN ONLY BE SOUGHT BY AFFECTED PERSON UNDER 41D . OTHERS CITIZENS CAN SEEK INFO ONLY AND NO REASONS.

WOULD THIS BE A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING?

VINAY KALA MAR 02 09

colnrkurup

To certain extend. You may go through posts of this forum which spell out about information falling under 4(1)(d). Anyway let me clarify it lit bit. Provide reasons..... as per 4(1)(d) does not mean that the PIO give to the affected persons his reasons for everything. The reasons for its administrative or quasijudicial decisions if it is already held in any form (Not on imagination) can be obtained by the affected person. If it is sought by a person who has no concern with and not affected by the reasons, the PIO can refuce such information stating that "You are not affected person"

vinaykala

DEAR SIR,

I WANT TO KNOW THE DEFINITION OF 'AFFECTED PERSON' UNDER RTI ACT.

FROM THE ENGLISH WORD I GATHER IT WOULD MEAN A PERSON WHO IS AGGREIVED BY A

CERTAIN ACTION

FOR EXAMPLE , AS IN MY CASE, IF SOMEONE IS RUNNING A GUEST HOUSE ON MY PROPERTY AGAINST MY PERMISSSION AND THE GOVT BODY GIVES HIM LIENSE FOR THE SAME I WOULD BE AN AFFFECTED PERSON

IS THIS CORRECT?

SECONDLY WOULD A GOVT BODY DECISION BE RECOGNISED AS A QUASI JUDICIAL DECISION AS DEFINED UNDER SEC 19(1) (d).

THIRDLY IN A CASE CITED ABOVE CAN I SEEK REASONS FOR GIVING REGISTRATION TO THE ILLEGAL GUEST HOUSE FROM THE GOVT BODY UNDER SEC 19(1)(d)?

4. LASTLY SIR,

IN A SECOND APPEAL I HAD FILED AGAINST THE EMPLOYER I SOUGHT REASONS FOR THE MALAFIDE ACTS OF THE EMPLOYER LIKE DELIBERATELY DELAYING RELEASE OF PENSION DUES, INT ON DUES AND DELAY IN GIVING MANDATORY GIFTS.

IN A VIDEO CONFERING APPEAL INTERVIEW THE PIO STATED THAT THE REASONS WERE NOT ON RECORD AND HENCE THE CIC OVERRULED MY REQUEST FOR INFO ON REASONS BUT ORDERED PERUSAL OF FILES FOR INFO I SOUGHT WITHIN 15 DAYS OF THE ORDER.

MY QUERY IS

1. IF REASONS FOR GRANT OF THE REGISTRATION OF THE GUEST HOUSE OR ANY LICENSE ETC ARE NOT ON BUT THE PAPERS SUBMITTED TO THE DEPARTMENT ARE INCORRECT AND MISLEADING AND UNTRUE THEN CAN THE DEPARTMENT BE ASKED TO

CITE REASONS FOR THEIR ACTIONS UNDER SEC 19(1)(d) SO THAT THE INCORRECT DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR GRANT OF A LICENSE ETC ARE BROUGHT TO LIGHT ?

vinaykala

dear sir,

i had started a thread on the question ofthe definition of an 'affected' person within the meaning of sec 4 of the rti act.

also what would a quasi judicial decision mean.?

vinay kala sep 8,10

vinaykala

dear sir,

thanks.

but what is a quasi judicial decision ?

vinay kala sep 09,10

karira

Vinay,

You are a old member of this portal.

Please use the customised google search bar available at the top of this page and search for "quasi judicial" - you will get many threads.

vinaykala

dear sir,

tried the google search bar by typing 'quasi judicial'

did not get any response.

regards vinay kala sep 10