News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
SHUNMUGAMMOHANRAJ

name of the land owner

Question

SHUNMUGAMMOHANRAJ

Hello, I HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT NAME OF THE LAND OWNER OF S NO 43/1A ON 1990

name of the land owner of SURVEY NO 43/1A in 1990 A register of kallappaipatti village ottapidaram taluk thoothukudi district

Edited by RAVEENA_O

4 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

You can obtain this information in 2 different ways:

[1] Make an application to the Revenue Officer ( Tahsildar / Supdt of Land Records / Mandal Revenue Officer / City Survey Officer or similar designation of your state) having territorial jurisdiction over the land, giving full particulars and description of the land and seek the certified copy of the Record of rights. There may be a prescribed application format and prescribed fee in your state. This document shall contain the details of all previous owners of the land in question. Maintenance of the Record of Rights is mandatory for all the lands under the Land Revenue Code.

[2] File RTI Application with the PIO of the concerned Revenue Authority (as mentioned above) and seek the certified copy of the Records of rights giving full particulars and description of the land such as Survey No, PH No, Gat No, Mouza/Village, Tahsil etc and full address of the landed property. Your state RTI Rules, Fee (and format if any) shall apply.

Record of Right is a permanent record.

PS: If there is a prescribed fee for obtaining this document under the Land Revenue Code of your state, you may need to remit that fee instead of the RTI fee.

Prasad GLN

The forum mostly gives advice uniform procedures used nation wide. If you provide those English names, even Revenue assistant may not understand. First contact a Revenue assistant and learn what they call those records in Tamil.

vino55

I am planning to get owners of a land since 1990 in my district Madurai, Tamil nadu.

From the above comments, I need to seek Record of rights for that land.

It looks like apart from land address, I need to furnish other details.

Can someone tell me what is Survey no, PH no, Gat no? How to get these details for a land.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

If you are trying to get those details for over 27 years, but still means, it is beyond common man, and it should be entrusted by finding expert preferably a retired Village Revenue Officer or Tehaildar and paying him fees.

(I am trying to get simple map on the basis of 6 title deeds , to identify that land which which was encroached by whom, over 10 years in a city. Engaged several surveyors, Sub Registrars sought their help but still not successful .)