News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
VipKol

Previous Electoral Rolls

Question

VipKol

Hi,

The latest electoral Rolls are easily available online ( eg. 2017 revision). But I require the older electoral rolls which were used for previous assembly elections as well as local Panchayat elections in previous years.

Are these available online or will I have to file an RTI request

Should RTI be filed with Election Commission of India or the State Election Commission.

I don't require the full roll only a particular part no of a constituency.

Do I have to be a voter in that constituency. Although I am not a voter in that constituency but I have property as well as house along with ration card.

Do I have to give a detailed reason

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

You may file RTI Applciation with the PIO in office of the District Election Officer and seek the certified copy of the Electoral Roll of ................... Assembly Constituency for State Assembly Election ..........(year)

Prasad GLN
Q1Are these available online or will I have to file an RTI request

You should necessarily file RTI Application to State Election officer or District Election Officer (He may be at District Collector or Corporation. If the information is very old, it is very difficult to get but when there is no alternative a sincere attempt may be made stating District, Name of the constituency.

Q.2 Should RTI be filed with Election Commission of India or the State Election Commission.

As per feed back received the response from Central is remote, and it is better to try at District level as per Reply in Post No.2.

Q3 I don't require the full roll only a particular part no of a constituency

You can make such application as required by you.

Q4 Do I have to be a voter in that constituency. Although I am not a voter in that constituency but I have property as well as house along with ration card.

The only qualification to exercise right to information under RTI Act is you must be a citizen of India, and you are empowered to seek any information on record and no proofs are generally required.

Do I have to give a detailed reason

Both as per RTI Act, Full bench CIC decision, HC judgments, an applicant need not provide any reasons for seeking information under RTI Act unless the information was exempted and to establish larger public interest.

Search website of district collector, read RTI rules and regulations, file prescribed application before NODAL State Public Information officer, Collector's office............., enclose RTI fee in the mode as stated in website, file application through Regd post, paste the receipt on your copy of application, track the delivery status after one week in Indiapost website, record due date as 40 days from date of sending application, come back after 40 days, if you still need any guidance.

Bharatkumar Chhaganbhai Pr

How do I get property card online copy of my resident flat ?

Prasad GLN

You will not get any reply in the thread, as you have invaded in a thread and hijacked to to your issue. You have to open a new thread and seek guidance in that thread.

sppataskar

As per Rules regarding Registration of Electorate in the Electoral Rolls, property is not a criteria. Because, a person can have a property at number of places. Main criteria is continuous residence of more than 180 days at a particular place in that Assembly Constituency.