Jump to content



I just bought a new house in Salem,Tamil Nadu. It is 156 sq feet away from a railway track.I need to know whether I would be able to get a NOC (No objection certificate) for the land.Any ideas and information would be helpful.Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

Please file prescribed application under RTI and seek the norms laid down for getting such NOC.

Then apply for NOC to Railways and to Municipality.

(When you have purchased already built house, how NOC can be obtained on built house is not known, as prior to construction that NOC is required before seeking approval from Municipal authorities)


When you have bought you may not be able to sell it further, and must have taken adequate precautions before purchasing the same.

Contact those residential house owners in the neighborhood, close to your house and get more facts.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Your house in question is about 47.5 meters away from railway boundary and hence well within the stipulated norms, unless the railway has proposal for expansion / additional construction outside its present boundary.


Please go through the Railway Department letter >> http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/uploads/directorate/land_amen/downloads/ID_99.pdf



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Guest Prabeer Panda
      By Guest Prabeer Panda
      I have received information from the PIO and being the information which was disclosed under Large Public Interest, Can I share RTI response in Social Media? Do I need to take permission from the PIO / FAA or the CIC?
    • Guest vijay0986
      By Guest vijay0986
      Can i get information under rti rule from hindalco? my sister made a maintenance case on husband because of ignorance so, how could get the detail of his working days and salary from hindalco lohardaga under rti rule?


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy