- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
The Hon'ble supreme court in its Judgement on December 12, 2011 clarified that complaint u/s 18(1) and Appeal under 19 are distinct. Further observed s. 19 is more beneficial to access information.
So it is better to convert the complaints to second appeal in my opinion by filing an amemdment application and pray for invoking the powers of SIC/CIC u/s 19(8)© to impose penaties and compensation u/s 19(8)(b).
click for more : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/parsar/2499-second-appeal-covers-compliant-s-19-8-c-s-18-1-redundant.html
I have filed an appeal to Flood and irrigation office Delhi in respect of non reply by the PIO related to my pension .I am a senior citizen and suffering from various ailments and unfortunately I couldn't appear for the hearing and later I received reply from the Appellate authority that my appeal has been dismissed by default due to my non appearance.
I don't think my appearance has anything to do with Non reply by the PIO.
Instead of initiating any action appellate authority's action seems to favouring the PIO who has not completed his job in specific time frame.
I know the department is corrupt but I wasn't expecting such an order.
So my question is what should I do now.
Should I file a complaint to CIC , if Yes then Can I you share any previous decisions related to non-appearance related dismissal which I can quote.
Or should I file a second appeal with specific orders of the CIC so that I can receive some immediate solution.
Also Can I ask for exemplary cost against this order from CIC for deliberately denial of information related to an old man's pension.
Please share your thoughts and if possible some sort of format and orders related to my case.