News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
JyotiSharma2100

Complaint to State Information Commission

Question

JyotiSharma2100

Dear Esteemed Members,

I put one RTI to PIO of one Public Authority. As there was no response from concerned PIO, I escalated to First Appellate Authority (FAA) after 45 days of my filing RTI. Getting no response from FAA after almost 45 days of waiting, I preferred to file complaint as deemed refusal of information and infringement of my fundamental right. I got the response from State Information Commission that ' Certificate stating that matters under appeal or Complaint have not been previously filed or pending or decided by any of the State Information Commission'. As I am into the process of going to civil court regarding some other issues, the formation of this RTI can be helpful in civil case.

Now I have one queries

• Should I give the certificate that till this moment nothing related to this appeal or complaint is filed considering I will be approach civil court after 15 days

Please respond as I think, RTI community is doing wonders in making a transparent society.

Thanks & Regards

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

This is a formal verification mandatory for appeals. Please read the sentence, it is only about any appeals or complaints filed on this issue earlier by you against same public authority.

I am afraid that you can not get any information on complaint under Sec.18. Complaint will not enable you to get information as a right.

IC can never direct PIO to provide information on the basis of complaint.

Immediately file Second appeal and pray for all remedies like information, penalty against PIO, recommendation for disciplinary action against PIO, and for special comments on FAA's in action as quasijudicial authority.