News Ticker
Rajesh pandurang thakur

How can I find out my complaint

Question

Rajesh pandurang thakur

I made complaint online on 1.cpgram and 2.aapale sarkar two different complaints. Both complaint were transfer to urban department from there it was transfer to BMC headoffice from BMC headoffice it was orally told to myself that we will transfer it to your ward Commissioner Office but after visiting several times to Commissioner Office they told me your complaint is not traceable/transfer to our department. Even online it is in BMC headoffice department displaying. So I wrote RTI what is the status of my complaint and who is responsible person to urban department they replied me that your complaint has transfered to BMC headoffice. And if you want to appeal you can appeal giving address of Appealate Authority. Does i have to wait or i have to go for appeal ? Please guide. And what should I ask in first appeal.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using RTI INDIA mobile app

10 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

According to my understanding, you have asked for the action taken on your grievance / complaint, and PIO has replied appropriately that it was transferred to BMC HO.

When PIO has provided the required information, what are the grounds for appeal as far as the RTI matter is concerned ?

Do not combine the issue and make it complicated.

As far as RTI is concerned, PIO can provide that information that is available in material form as per record in his custody, accordingly PIO has provided information that it was transferred, which is a fact as per his record.

The other issue of missing your complaint is not covered under RTI.

You have to file fresh application to the relevant dept., BMC HO where the mistake occurred seeking information on Date of receipt of such complaint from complainant, date and authority to whom the complaint was sent, copy of such covering letter.

Prasad GLN

Before that think as to what is the ultimate benefit through RTI application to BMC HQ. If the complaint is missing, arrange for getting such copy officially or handover your copy or file a fresh complaint direct to them.

Focus on getting the problem solved, as knowing what happened to such copy of complaint is not going to get a solution.

RAVEENA_O

When the Urban Department and the public portal indicate that the application is transferred to BMC Office, it is presumed to be received by BMC and held by them. Whatever BMC officials orally telling you may not be true and authentic. The information sought by him (from Urban Deptt) is the status of his complaint. It is rightly advised that the complaint is transferred to BMC. What other information he need and how to focus for that?

File RTI Application with BMC as suggested in Post NO.3 to get the further development and action taken by BMC.

Rajesh pandurang thakur

Hello Madam as today I have file RTI. While filing RTI the clerk said why RTI application is not in format i argue as his objection was i have not written about poverty. And also his objection was he fill that the application form was like normal letter send to someone. As i have made application as per RTI and you experts guide line and also wrote frontline Right To information ACT 2005. If such things happen next time whom should I meet. Please guide.

Prasad GLN

Maharashtra prescribed a format of application, though information can be denied only because it was not in prescribed format, it is proper to file application if the state has prescribed a format, to avoid unncecessary and wasteful correspondence. Please file application in proper format and preserve your chance of first appeal in tact for a valid reason, instead of distracting attention in minor issues.

For simple solutions, you need not expect experts guideline.

The proper procedure before filing RTI Application is to a)Locate correct State Public Information officer b)Seek application in format prescribed. c. Pay RTI fees in mode prescribed. All these rules and regulations can be searched in RTI segment in that Public authority's website.

Rajesh pandurang thakur

As today I received RTI reply from BMC headoffice PIO. That my complaint is transfered to BP. It means till the date they were lying to myself that my complaint was transfer to ward office Commissioner. Now what should my next step. Please guide. Whether I have to file another RTI to BP or directly meet to concern department. Please guide.

Rajesh pandurang thakur

Please give reply to my above quarry.

Prasad GLN

You have received a response on 24-7-2016, and donate some time to them to ponder over your complaint, as there is no time frame for attending to it, and it may official process of going into investigation and records.

What is the use in posting a query in this forum "Please give reply to my above query ?" when the matter is still under consideration and atleast you have to give sufficient time to that office for looking into those facts.

How members in the forum can respond ?

Wait for a month and then search in our site for sample format for seeking information on complaint status and file RTI Application making modifications as required by you.