langraj

Gujarat Information Commission related

Question

langraj

Hello..!!

Filed a second appeal online on GIC website under section 18 (complaint) on 26th june.

Got the no. GIC-xxxx-2017 after submit... but to check status on website.. need this no. to start with A or F (in gujarati)..

Do anyone know they will send any other no. ?? Or how GIC works..??

14 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The No you have received is just inward despatch.

Then your appeal will be sent to concerned Registry that deals with that Public Authority.

After scrutiny, if the appeal is proper, then another file no. has to be given.

It takes minimum of 3 months to get a file No and minimum of 18 months for getting hearing opportunity.

So explore if there are other avenues for getting such information, if the information is important and urgent.

langraj

But today I show a case where second appeal made after 20th may. Still his 2nd appeal registered on 15th june.. so it is less than 3 months.. so is it possible that 2nd appeal registered before 3 month..

Prasad GLN

It normally should take less than one week, now that entire functioning was digitalized, issuing a showing cause notice will certainly result in getting good response. It means that GSIC is functioning effectively.

There is some confusion in your post.

Second Appeal must be filed under Sec.19 praying for all remedies under RTI Act namely providing of information, penalty on PIO, recommendation for disciplinary action against PIO, compensation etc.

But you have stated in your post the following:

Filed a second appeal online on GIC website under section 18 (complaint) on 26th june.

Second Appeal under Sec.19 IC can grant all prayers including directions for providing of information.

Complaint under Sec.18, IC can not direct PIO to provide the information but impose penalty if he considers that PIO has deliberately and with malafide intentions not provided correct information.

Second Appeal under Sec.19 and Complaint under Sec.18 are entirely different.

If you want information, immediately file second appeal.

langraj

But there is no any type of response from pio or Faa.. then only option is complaint under section 18..

Prasad GLN

You have to file second appeal if you want the information. Go through Sec.19 and Sec.18.

Read the replies with more attention and file second appeal immediately if you want information.

Complaint against PIO (Sec.18)can not get you information from PIO , IC may (?) impose penalty on rarest of the rare cases only.

You can file both complaint and second appeal to SIC.

langraj

And there is no option for complaint or appeal on their website. We have to upload each document like rti app, fa app and 2nd appeal form filled physically in which there is option for appeal or complaint.

langraj
You have to file second appeal if you want the information. Go through Sec.19 and Sec.18.

Read the replies with more attention and file second appeal immediately if you want information.

Complaint against PIO (Sec.18)can not get you information from PIO , IC may (?) impose penalty on rarest of the rare cases only.

You can file both complaint and second appeal to SIC.

Ok.. thanks 4 help .. then I will have to file 2nd appeal also right now..

Prasad GLN

The decision is yours if you want the information. I can only present my views that may be or may not be considered by members.

langraj
The decision is yours if you want the information. I can only present my views that may be or may not be considered by members.

1 last query.. I already filed complaint under section 18 online. Now after 5-6 days can i file 2nd appeal also..?? Because there is an undertaking form which states that i have not made any complaint or appeal before commission regarding it..

langraj

And Undertaking form is mandatory in attachment..

langraj

Please help regarding this issue..!!!

Prasad GLN

The first reply itself provides the entire guidance and unless you make an attempt, there is no use of giving so many replies. Complaint is different from Appeal. You have filed complaint. You can also file second appeal. The undertaking ensures that one appellant is barred from raising the same issue, again and again against public authority on same issue of appeal. You have never filed second appeal to that public authority on the same issue, and hence you can file second appeal by giving such verification and that is in order. IC is not bothered about other matters pending with any forums / court. The essence of such verification is that one should not file too many appeals on same issue on same public authority again and again.

V C Vinod

I am ready to help the member in this regard. I am residing in Gandhinagar where GIC is functioning. Member can contact me on my personal email.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RTI INDIA mobile app

langraj

Thank you So much.. will surely contact you on E-mail if I have any query regarding GIC..