bhasyam

Highways space for construction

Question

bhasyam

I'd like to seek information on number of authorized bus-shelters constructed in the town for a specific route,constructed in the land belonging to Highways,procedure to demolish an existing bus-shelter for road widening, and the procedure to re-consruct the same after road-widening

Edited by bhasyam

3 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

You may seek the information from PIO of Municipal Authority and the authority undertaking road widening work. In normal course, the provision for reconstruction of bus-stop shelter shall be included in the scope of road widening work and that agency shall be required to reconstruct new bus-stop shelter in lieu of demolished shelter.

bhasyam

Filed Grievance with both Corporation and Highways requesting them to re-construct the demolished bus-shelter.

Corporation Officers replied that they cannot construct bus-shelter in SHxx as the area belongs to highways

Highways stated that they cannot re-construct the bus-shelter in SHxx as the funding has to be done by Corporation as the area is in Corporation Limit

Is there any RTI way of dealing with this issue?

trekker

Maybe you can ask for a certified answer from the district commissioner about who is supposed to construct bus shelters in that section of the road.

I believe District commissioner is supposed to know about every govt property in his area regardless of state, municipal or central authority. His gets copy of everything in that happens with that district by any govt agency.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• MusicalSoul
      By MusicalSoul
      Hello Members!

I urgently need your valuable guidance and help in framing queries to retrieve information using the RTI Act from my city's Municipal Corporation regarding action taken by them on my written request for reconstruction of drain. The background for the same is as under:

I lodged a written complaint three months ago with the Complaints Section of my city's Municipal Corporation regarding improper drain (narrow & shallow) in front of my house and opposite my house (approx. 6-8 metres total) due to which dirty water and filth flows out on the road. I also pointed out the fact that this particular area of drain was left out by the Municipal Corporation when they reconstructed the drains of my locality the last time i.e. 8 years ago. I requested them through this letter to reconstruct this area of drain. I got a Docket Number for my complaint.
      After a few days, seeing nothing happening, I again went to the Municipal Corporation's Complaint Section for enquiring about the matter. The clerk checked the status in his computer and told me that there is no status mentioned so I should go and meet the Junior Engineer in this regard. The J.En. asked me to wait for sometime for the "Tender Process" to get over. I came back but nothing happened.
      When nothing happened for 2 months, I made a written complaint to the District Collector who must have sent a letter to the Municipal Corporation because two weeks after that, I got a call from the Municipal Corporation informing me- "We will attend to your complaint soon" but still nothing has happened and 3 months have passed. I don't think they have issued any notice for any tender in this regard. Also, I am not sure whether issuing a notice for tender is required for such a small work as this can be treated as repairs.

I want to use the RTI Act to get information in this regard urgently. Kindly help me in framing my queries.

Thanks & Regards.
    • akhilesh yadav
      By akhilesh yadav
      In what could be termed as new hope for complete transparency in Public-Private-Partnership projects, the National Highway Authority started uploading on its website Online PIU Information System contents defined by the task force under Section 4 of RTI Act

Read detail: NHAI starts uploading PPP project details - Moneylife

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy