News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Debashis Basu

New National Rti Toll Free Helpline

Debashis Basu

NEW NATIONAL RTI HELPLINE

The new number will be (080) 666-00-999. This is operational from May 1, 2007. As earlier, the Helpline will offer information in three languages English, Hindi and Tamil and will be open seven days a week from 8 am to 8 pm.

The shift has occurred because mphasis, a BPO company, has come forward to support the initiative by running the Helpline at a highly subsidised cost. The Helpline has received over 7500 calls to date from across the country.

However, you can also go directly to RTI INDIA RTI Helpline and contact the RTI Activist directly.

RTI HELPLINE: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/rti-activist-directory/

• Like 2

Satish Gupta

This is great. Do you know who is operating this help line? Has anyone tried to ask a question to the help line to see if they give accurate answers?

Debashis Basu

I have not used it. This information in Indian Express newspaper of 29th April 2007 carried that more than 7500 people had used it. It is mentioned in my posting.

The BPO company which is hosting the support is well reputed too.

Debashis Basu

Hurrah !

I have made a test call to this RTI help line in Bangalore. It works very fine.

colnrkurup

I too had contacted them. It is not toll free. It give an option for Kannada also. Of cource it is manned by www.manjunathshanmugam.org. It is functional. Time will tell its effectiveness and usefulness. I wish them all success. I advice that some of us should try its effectiveness in the comming days. I reckon that even a straw of hay has got some weight.

R K Garg

I am running a free helplibne since 15th August 2008.Perhaps this is only helpline in this part of the country.I receive almost 5 calls a day. I always guide people.I receive large number of calls from interior of Punjab and Haryana and lot of NGOs also take guidence.Soon we are starting regular classes for learners of RTI. A website rtichandigarh dot com has been launched.

R K Garg

• Like 1

jps50

Dear Shri Gargji,

Its nice to learn about your RTI initiatives. I shall be happy if my articles on my blog are of use to you for teaching RTI to learners. Please make use of it.

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.

Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy