- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
I attach decision No. CIC/SM/A/2010/001381/SS dated 26-05-2011 wherein IC has decided as under:
"The Commission is of the view that information regarding the irregularities, frauds and financial losses in the bank cannot be denied to the information seeker under any of the provisions of the RTI
Act. However, the inspection reports containing personal information may be severed by the severability clause u/s 10 of the RTI Act."
This can be applied to other public authorities also.
By MANOJ B. PATEL
In a case of H.N. Shah v I.T. Department CIC/MA/A/2008/156, Neeru Bajaj v I.T. Commissioner CIC/AT/2006/644, I.K. Sachdeva v D.G.of I.T. CIC/AT/A/2008/170 it is held that income tax returns was personal information, so disclosure of it was prohibited.
is there any remedy to get the information on this issue ?