Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0
updesh verma

RTI photocopy charges if exceed 50 INR


updesh verma

If the information sought through RTI in photocopy form and if the no of pages cost (@2 inr per copy ) exceed 50 INT amount, can have the right to ask the information in the form of CD. if any rule is given please provide the link of that . or it is depend on PIO that he/She may refuse to give information in the CD, since i have asked PIO to provide photocopy.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Sunil Ahya

1. If the information is available in soft copy form, you can always request the PIO to provide it on a Compact Disc (CD), however, if the information is not available in soft copy form, then it is better to obtain it in hard copy form.

Even if you have asked for a hard copy form, you can always review that request when the PIO raises a demand for additional fees towards photocopy of the requested information, as you have a right to review your request.


Please refer to section 7(3) of the RTI Act, quoted below:


Section 7(3) Where a decision is taken to provide the information on payment of any further fee representing the cost of providing the information, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall send an intimation to the person making the request, giving—


(a) the details of further fees representing the cost of providing the information as determined by him, together with the calculations made to arrive at the amount in accordance with fee prescribed under sub-section (1), requesting him to deposit that fees, and the period intervening between the despatch of the said intimation and payment of fees shall be excluded for the purpose of calculating the period of thirty days referred to in that sub-section;


(b) information concerning
his or her right with respect to review the decision as to the amount of fees charged or the form of access provided
, including the particulars of the appellate authority, time limit, process and any other forms.


2. Also, you can seek an inspection of information and select the necessary information, so as to avoid taking photocopies of a large number of papers.


3. Also, during the inspection, you can request the PIO to allow you to take photocopy of documents on your smartphone.

Please refer to the following link:

Taking Photographs during Inspection.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

The simple reply is you can seek information in the form in which it exists with Public authority.

If it exists in electronic form, you can demand in such CDs.

If that information is reduced as hard copies, then they have to provide Xerox copies only.

Because, you have asked they can not scan and change the form to provide that documents to you.

If you want information, always go in hard copies duly certified as they have legal enforceability.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.
      Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.
      Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app
    • shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
      The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
      1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
      2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
      3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society? 
      4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
      Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system. 


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy