ankittiwari1411

can I ask status of the grievance by RTI

Question

ankittiwari1411

I had sent grievance to a public authority via e mail and got an acknowledgement of it which is auto generated mail by default. I have query can I ask status of the grievance by RTI as grievance is registered by e mail and no hard copy is used.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

There is a prescribed format for seeking Status on complaint information readily available in our site in Guide segment..RTI wiki..Sample RTI. Make modifications you require.

Enclose copy of that e mail complaint and send application as per their rules and regulations by Regd.post.

prasad.dhirendra

if your RTI is related to Central Govt Or Undertaking Controlled by Central Govt. you may submit your RTI Application to the Head Post OFFIICE of your District If it relates to another of.fice then you send the same by post

Prasad GLN

I had my own bad experience, as my postal staff including Head post master is not aware, and it takes a minimum of one hour to explain the process, and they take further guidance.

Prefer RTI Application always by Regd.post alone. After all it costs Rs.22/- and we are giving it to our own government. A self respecting individual may not tolerate the discourteous behaviour of postal staff, and look to applicants as misers, for not sending the same by Regd post and troubling them to take up that case. Directives are different and practical difficulties are different.

If you know some one, you can entrust this work to that staff, then you will get priority.