News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

Meena Hariharan

I have sent a postal order to accounts office Mumbai on 19th Feb and am awaiting to hear from Mumbai office. The refund is for the assessing year 2003 -2004

I request for information on the following points:,

• Why has my refund amount of Rs. 2205/- still not been processed,
  • What is it that I need to do to ensure that the refund amount is sent to my address ,Bangaloreat the earliest?,Who is the person I need to contact to get the refund processed?,

• When will the refund amount of Rs. 2205/- be sent to my address in Bangalore?'

Meena

karira

Meena,

Did the postal order you sent accompany a proper application under RTI ?

Was it addressed to the PIO ?

If yes, the PIO has 30 days to reply to your application. Add another 5 days for postal delays.

If you do not get a reply by 25/26 March 2009, then you need to file a First Appeal with the FAA.

Meena Hariharan

Thanks Karira for your response.

The application that was sent was a in a letter format with all details and enclosures.

A colleague of mine who had sent an application earlier to RTI and got his refund; validated the application. In fact it was he who introduced me to RTI.

Yes it was addressed to the PIO

To,

The Assessing Officer (AO11),

Centralised Processing Center (DT01),

Pratyakshar Bhavan,

Building No C12,

Bandra Kurla Complex,

Mumbai 400051

I got this information from the Income Tax Office ; I hope this is correct,

Please advice

karira

Yes, everything seems to be correct. Please wait.

You will be successful.

In the meantime take encouragement for soem of the Success Stories here:

RTI Community Lounge - Success Stories at rtiindia.org

Quite a few of them relate to the refund of Income Tax using RTI.

Meena Hariharan

Hi,

I have uploaded the document for your review

Meena

RTI 2009.pdf

karira

Meena,

It is OK except that you should have addressed to the "CPIO under the RTI Act".

But it should not create any problems as it is.

Meena Hariharan

Dear Karira,

I have receive a reponse from the IT office Mumbai ( PRO-II,Dt-O1, CPC Mumbai dated 5.3.09 that they will process my cheque at the earliest.

This has happened within 30 days since I sent the application.

I am so grateful to you for the excellent support and guidance that you have given me.

I will keep you updated once I receive th refund cheque.

Thank you once again

Regards,

Meena

karira

Please wait for 30 days.

If you do not receive the cheque then please follow the route as suggested in the link below my signature.

Meena Hariharan

Hello Karira,

I have been following continuously for my refund cheque sice March 5th after I received the backnowledgement for the Office of the Public Relation Officer Mumbai. I have been sppeking ith the the PRO Mrs SP LOtlikar PRO-II,DT-01 CPC Mumbai and till date I have not received the cheque.

There is no end to the exvuses 1. printer is not working 2. we have to verify the cheque inspite of giving all relevant documents

Please advise what I should do next.

Warm regards,

Meena

sandeepbaheti

Your earlier application was poorly drafted and gave the officers a chance to evade the matter. You will need to file a fresh RTI application. Please follow the link suggested by Karira Sir: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/326-rti-application-pending-refund.html and do exactly as mentioned there.

Nevertheless, you can also file a first appeal for your earlier application but do that as soon as possible. You have barely 1-2 days left for filing the first appeal.

karira

Sandeep,

Meena's First Appeal is time barred (the reply from PIO was on 5th March 2009 - so the First Appeal to be made on or before 5th April 2009).

Meena,

Please file a new RTI Application as suggested by sandeep, as per the link at the end of this post.

Meena Hariharan

Hello,

I do not want to make any more mistakes

Could you please let me know who is the CPIO under the RTI vbglossarlink.gif Act". and what is the address that I shoulds send the application

It will help if there is format of draft

ambrish.p

Meena ji

Details of CPIO : The IT department has designated ALL assessing officers (ITO/AC) as CPIO's.Your assessing officer (ITO or AC) of your ward/circle is the CPIO.

This is the same assessing officer to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.

For suggested format please see this blog (by Karira Sir):

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/326-rti-application-pending-refund.html

regards

Meena Hariharan

Hi Sandeep,

As adviced by Karira I sent a fresh application in the correct format addressed to the CPIO on the 24th of April.

I hope this time I get the proper response

Regarda,

Meena

sandeepbaheti

Please wait for upto 35 days. Do let us know if you do not get response by 29th May.

Meena Hariharan

Thanks I will do that

Meena Hariharan

Dear Kariraji and Sandeep Baheti,

Its 35 days since I sent the application there has been no response regarding my refund cold you pleaser help me with the appeal

Thanks and Regards,

Meena

I have been following up with the IT office and I they they say that they are having printing problem which has not yet been resolved.

ambrish.p

Meena ji

It is a simple case of "deemed denial" of information. File First appeal.

Fee: no fees for First Appeal with central public authorities.

Format:No prescribed format for First Appeal with central public authorities. .

For help/guidence please see:

How to write First appeal: How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

First Appeal Central Govt. Guidelines: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/18-first-appeal-central-govt-guidelines.html

A ready made format for First Appeal for deemed denial of information is attached to this post: (Please make suitable changes)

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-disregarding-right-information-act.html#post11618

RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide

1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO

2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),

First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)

3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

regards

Meena Hariharan

Hi,

I need the following information

• The Higher Officer for First Appeal Under RTI ACT 2005
    (WHOM DO I ADDRESS THIS and to which address i send this appea
  • MY “PRAYER/PLEA” IN THIS FIRST APPEAL: Point No 3 what is the No of days?

Please vaidate my First appeal draft

I am attaching the application dated 24th April and first appal drart for your inputs

Thanks & Regards,

Meena

RTI Application for IT Refund April 22 '09.doc

First Appeal IT returns June 1 2009.doc

karira

Meena,

That is the correct First Appeal.

The details of the FAA can be found on the same webpage as where you found the details of the PIO.

If you still have problems, please refer to the link given in the link at the bottom of this post.

• Like 1

Meena Hariharan

Hi

I sent the first appeal on 2nd June 2009, to the Additional CIT 29 1 Income Tax Ward/Circle No23 (6),Centralized Processing Center (DT01) office Pratyakshar Bhavan Building No C12 Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai 400051.

What should I do next?

Regards,

Meena

ambrish.p

Meena ji

First Appellate Authority has 30 days from receipt of First Appeal OR

Maximum 45 days(if reasons for delay are given in writing) to pass an order. Please add another 5 to 10 days for postal delays.

So please wait till 7th july / 22 nd july (max). If you dont receive any reply by then, you can presume that it has not been replied and proceed to file the Second Appeal.

RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide

1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO

2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),

First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)

3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

regards

Meena Hariharan

Thank You

Regards,

Meena

Meena Hariharan

Does one need to pay Post Order Fees of Rs 10 with the first appeal?

ambrish.p

Meena ji

No fees for First Appeal with central public authorities.

regards