News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
shafek0131

Tamilnadu State run civil supplies and consumer protection department denies information under RTI ACT 2005

Question

shafek0131

Dear RTI Forum patrons,

I am please to inform that I am a proud Indian.

1. I send an application to STATE RUN CIVIL SUPPLIES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION DEPARTMENT in Chennai, asking for few details such as whether all the Fair Price shops have obtained from Corporation of Chennai the following the details of following documents: 1.Rental Agreements between lessee and lessor.(2) Monthly Rental receipt for the last three month of current year/

(3)Health certificate from the Corporation of Chennai (4) Fire Certificate from the Director of Fire Protection Department.

(5) Date of installation Fire extinguishing purchase bills (5) Date of purchase of fire extinguishing devices. I also requested if the subject does not pertain to the concerned authorities may kindly be transferred to the official concerned authorities under section 6(3). I received a reply that this office could not reply since I affixed a postal order, but the official gave the SPIO's address.

2. I made a fresh application well within the time to the address I received from the PIO.

3.Subsequently I received reply in REGIONAL LANGUAGE FOR MY ENGLISH LETTER directing me to a fresh address wherein I could not find the area of their office,sans PINCODE. The address given by the authority could not be traced.

4. I sent a FIRST APPEAL TO THE FIRST APPELLATE well within the period asking the above mentioned information.

5. Today(Wed.09.August.2017) I received a reply from the PIO of my first and foremost application, giving their full address

with an information that my letter does not qualify for my information sought fall under Section 8(E).

6. I am in utter fix and confusion whether my information sought is detrimental under Section 8 and its subsection (e)

7. Furhter to my scant knowledge, my information sought is really of the sort what FIRST SPIO has given.

I sought these information because two of the Fair Price shops are located at one and the same dilapidated building, which are surrounded by streets garbage,filth, and passage leading to the two Fair Price shops are in pitch dark,and and with potholes.

My interest for seeking these information is totally for the interest of consumers, mostly women, elderly persons not to be be

fallen and become victims of the old and dangerous building. Already Corporation of Chennai has publicly declared that the building is dilapidated, and dangerous for habitation.

I request all the elite of the Forum experts to kindly guide me in this regards whether my information falls under Section 8(e) of the RTI Act 2005, also what should be my next course of action, whether to go Second Appeal.

Regards

ShafeKo

Chennai,Tamilnadu.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

The proper way is focusing on such few shops and establishing larger public interest in seeking information.

If FPS is not located in unsafe buildings, making a complaint against both owner and tenant to Corporation should the first step

If you have grievance on one or two shops burdening the dept., for so much information may not appear proper to SIC.

That does not mean that PIO denial is justified. .