D.T.RATHAVA

Gujarat information commission issued GR

karira

The Commission has no such powers to issue GR for a specific format for second appeal.

The power to make Rules with respect to the RTI Act 2005 is with the Central/State Government (sec 27) or the Competent Authority (Sec 28).

The State Information Commission is neither the State Government nor the competent authority.

Prasad GLN

It is time to file RTI application to SPIO, GIC and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the copy of such stipulations in RTI Act, by which GIC is empowered to prescribe a format for second appeal.

I personally feel that it is suggestive / recommendatory in nature and can not be a mandate.

(as the format is in Gujarati, members not knowing Gujarati can not mark head and tail to understand their authority in bringing such directive if any)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• manjoo
      By manjoo
      Is RTI my fundamental rights? Is there a chance that Government can take away my fundamental rights? What I mean is if there is a change in Government can a new Government take away my fundamental rights like Right to Information.
    • njit
      By njit
      Hello,

In the past during CIC hearing when I insisted that action be taken against FAA, I was told that RTI Act does not have such provision.

But in the light of RTI Rules 2012 can the prayer that "action be taken against FAA" be ignored?

I am referring to rule 11(iv) and 11(vi) of the RTI Rules 2012.

Please elaborate with CIC decisions/ High court judgements.

Thanks and Regards.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy