News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
toon sharma

To get marriage registration details of my husband's first marriage who was already married and was hidden to me

Question

toon sharma

Hello All,

I need help of all experts here to find out what is the best possible way to find out marriage registration details of my husband who has hidden to me about his first marriage.

I have been a victim of abuse , humiliation and domestic violence and want to take some action against my inlaws for cheating me and ruining my life.

As of now I just have the name of the girl to whom my husband had married.

I dont know the exact date , registration office and other details .

Also I cannot approach the girl since , she may connect to my husband and then it would be more difficuilt for me to find out the truth.

Can anyone suggest which is best possible way to receive this information.

Can RTI help?

I have read somewhere that RTI does not provide personal details without consent of involved people which in my case will not help me.

Any guidance , suggestion , help is very much appreciated ..

5 answers to this question

karira

You have to know the office and the date of Registration.

Without that you will be searching for a needle in the haystack.

Maybe the Registrars offices in your state are connected to each other.

Try visiting a marriage registrar office and see what options you have.

Prasad GLN

Without basic details of concerned Register office or year of marriage , it is not possible for you to arrive to any solution. You may search voters website of the constituency where she lives and you may find her marriage status.

Instead of questioning your own husband that has cheated you, establishing some thing which is of no use to you at present is not proper.

In case of family matters, the solution is within your hands. Whether the first wife knows about your illegal marriage or not is another issue.

toon sharma
Without basic details of concerned Register office or year of marriage , it is not possible for you to arrive to any solution. You may search voters website of the constituency where she lives and you may find her marriage status.

Instead of questioning your own husband that has cheated you, establishing some thing which is of no use to you at present is not proper.

In case of family matters, the solution is within your hands. Whether the first wife knows about your illegal marriage or not is another issue.

Thank you Sir for the inputs.

I am sure it is going to be difficuilt to find out ; but the point here is that the girl is aware of this marriage .

Both of them had done court marriage hiding it from society and family.

But then due to family issues they separated and my husband got married to me.Still not disclosed to society or not made their marriage public.

This fact was hidden from me and my family and my husband has admitted that he still meets the girl.

If my marriage were happy I would have not bothered to get the details.

However as of now I just know the name of the girl and I cannot approach her for disclosing the facts because she won't.

toon sharma

That is definitely the way , but as you mentioned it is finding needle in the haystack.

Approaching the Registrar offices with minimal information just based on probability of marriage date being somewhere around (2008-2012) is quiet difficuilt , that too going through book records instead of software records.

Prasad GLN

It may also be possible now. One of my friend wanted partnership Registration certificate of 1963. I went to Registrar of firms at Hyderabad several times, and spent around Rs.5,000/- but failed to get a lead.

In 2017, I went to e.seva to pay electricity bill and made a casual inquiry and found that they have digitalized and uploaded all such certificates and got it in a day for Rs.100/-

If the records are digitalized, then there may be scope to get it from such E.Seva if any of Government.