News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
sureshkv

Effluent smell affecting human health

sureshkv

Dear Sir

Anand Bagh Residents Welfare Associaton

Anandbagh, Safilguda,Hyderabad - 500047

Respected Sir

Residents troubled by foul smell-******* Anand Bagh, Safilguda,Hyderabad.

Complaint No.:1702010

Residents of Anand Bagh,Safilguda, Malkajgiri area observed ODOUR smell for the past* 1 year.

Each evening upto early morning *complaints from residents who believe nasty odors are invading from the nearby Moulali & Nacharam Industrail areas.

Burning eyes, foul smell , breathing problem and other symptoms of illness have been reported by* residents living in Anand Bagh.*Tackling the odour problem has replaced issues like poor supply of electricity and low water pressure for the worst affected people living in the vicinity

This has adverse health effects in humans. Matter was addressed in DC also which is given below.

Sir this is very very serious which taken upon seriously by your department. All the industries should be moved away from the residential area immediately

Thanking you in anticipation Sir

Suresh Kumar V

General Seretary,

Anand Bagh Residents Welfare Association

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:44 AM, suresh kumar**wrote:

Show quoted text

Hide quoted text

Dear Sir

Respected Sir

Residents of Anand Bagh,Safilguda, Malkajgiri area observed ODOUR smell for the past* 1 year.

Each evening upto early morning *complaints from residents who believe nasty odors are invading from the nearby Moulali & Nacharam Industrail areas.

Burning eyes, foul smell , breathing problem and other symptoms of illness have been reported by* residents living in Anand Bagh.*Tackling the odour problem has replaced issues like poor supply of electricity and low water pressure for the worst affected people living in the vicinity

This has adverse health effects in humans. Matter was addressed in DC also which is given below.

Sir this is very very serious which taken upon seriously by your department. All the industries should be moved away from the residential area immediately

Suresh Kumar V

General Seretary,

​​

Respected Sir

Suresh Kumar V

General Seretary,

===================================================

Anandbagh air full of pollutants

·*********Deccan Chronicle

·*********3 Jan 2017

Residents of Anandbagh, Safilguda, say they are breathing air laced with a pungent and strong chemical odour. The intensity of the smell, caused by pollution of the air with chemicals, is more after 6 pm and goes on till the early hours of the day.

The 50-odd electronic and chemical factories located in Moulaali are the main cause for pollution, the residents said in a complaint filed with the GHMC and the Pollution Control Board.

Residents often complain of nausea and headache when the smell gets strong. "We often have the experience of smelling something that makes us sick," said a resident.

Moulali is home to large and small-scale chemical, steel and electronic industries. The smallscale factories are mostly dye and paint makers.

Moulaali, like Quthbullapur and Patancherru, was marked as an industrial zone and factories were permitted to operate there. In recent times, several colonies have come up in the area.

Speaking of the smell, Mr Suresh Kumar, president of the Anand Bagh Welfare Association, said, "The intensity is more when there is no vehicle movement. Residents don't know which company to blame, as there are DC CORRESPONDENT HYDERABAD, JAN. 2 over 50 big and small factories. This makes us uneasy, most of the families are worried."

Dr Bharathi Kumari, a general physician at Anandbagh, said she has attended on a few patients who complained of nausea, vomiting and headache, especially students.

"Anandbagh residents face two major issues dust from the never-ending road laying and construction of road under bridge and the smell from the industries. If inhaled deeply, it hits the nervous and respiratory system. Patients are being suggested alternatives like using a face mask and air refreshers at home," she said.

_---------------;----------+---+-----++++++++

Hide quoted text

On 16 Feb 2017 10:28 pm, "suresh kumar" wrote:

Dear Sir

Respected Sir

Suresh Kumar V

General Seretary,

​​

Respected Sir

Suresh Kumar V, General Secretary

Sent from my A1601 using RTI INDIA mobile app

karira

I am also getting the same foul smell near my house (Mahendra Hills).

But how is this a success story of RTI ?

Did you get any results or has the foul smell stopped ?