subhendu pattanayak

Disposal of case under sec 107 crpc.

Question

subhendu pattanayak

A notice was sent to me on 04.05 2017 from Tahasildar cum Executive magistrate to appear in his court in person and file show cause as to why I should not execute bonds for Rs.5000/ with one surety for the like amount under U/S 107 Crpc. I appointed one advocate on 11.05.2017 who refused to execute any bond.But the EM did not agree with him.After some days my advocate applied for certified true copy of the case under provisions of Odisha Record Manual by depositing a fee of Rs30/. But Tahsildar did not provide it to him.After some days this advocate was murdered.Now, I do not know what is the fate of my case and whether it is disposed off or not.The staff of Tahasil office do not help me on this issue. Can I take help of RTI and seek information about the status of my case?

Sent from my SM-J200G using RTI INDIA mobile app

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Definitely. You have a right and can seek such information not only as a citizen but also a victim and affected party.

There may be many advocates who can guide you further in the issue in your locality.

Unless you specify the particular issue, you can not expect pin pointed guidance.

Nip it in the bud and save your self from worry , time and unnecessary expenditure on trivial issues (in general)

Sunil Ahya

You can always file a RTI application to seek the required information, now whether the information which you have requested can be provided under RTI or not will depend upon the exemptions given under section 8 and 9 of the RTI Act, and it is the PIO who has to decide whether the requested information can be provided or it falls under any of the exemptions. In case the PIO decides to deny the requested information then the onus is on the PIO who denies the request and it is not on the RTI applicant.

Therefore go ahead and file the RTI application and let the PIO decide and inform you whether the information can be provided or not.

Also please read:

Kindly do not worry about the exemptions at the stage of filing a RTI Application.