knsforu

Confirmation of Boarding Passenger Certificate

Question

knsforu

My father was travelling in 3rd AC and leads to untoward incident (death) on 29 Aug 17. I need a confirmation of boarding passenger for IRCTC claim. I received a letter in response of my registered letter to deposit Rs 26500/- to railway account for same which I felt not worth.

Pls suggest that same may be obtained via RTI.

Pls suggest me.

Sent from my AO5510 using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go for first appeal.

Also there is a short cut process. Issue a legal notice to concerned Railway office under CP Act. Your father is a consumer as he paid fare as consideration, and as you are his legal heir they are bound to provide that information to successors under CP Act. If they fail to provide the information it becomes a deficiency of services. As you have already paid fares as consideration, they are not supposed to charge any additional, particularly under the circumstances.

(If I remember well, I have read similar case of a passenger who expired at Kazipet junction and there was a delay in getting PM Report etc)

knsforu

Yes sir, same case and this required from ECR Danapur, Patna view train last destination was Patna under ECR. My first application was not via RTI but I requested for same via normal letter, should I quote the same or filed as a fresh case via RTI.

Pls suggest.

Prasad GLN

Please inform details through post here in the forum and as stated issue a legal notice to concerned Railway authority of the boarding station. (Train ticket No...Coach No....Berth No.... Class....Name of passenger....date of travel....expired on....at...)