News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Guest kapush

Requesting confirmation on RTI format (and three queries)

Question

Guest kapush

Hello,

Please find attached a copy of an RTI application I had sent to the Teacher in Charge of the college where I work as a teaching stuff. The undergraduate college is in West Bengal and all its stuff receive salary from the government (but it is not a Govt. College). The college also receives grants from the government (both State and Central). This type of college is often referred to as a 'Govt. Sponsored College'.

I would remain much obliged if someone were to confirm if this format is still valid today.

RTI Sample.jpg

My queries to the forum:

1. The college does not have an RTI Cell. If I use a ten rupee value Indian Postal Order, how would I fill the order? What should I write in the sections 'PAY TO ...' and 'AT THE POST OFFICE AT' (the post office where I got the postal order from or the post office which will receive my application?).

2. While the court fee stamp is affixed to the RTI application, it may be difficult to do the same with the postal order. Is it possible for the other party to make false claims that the application was invalid because it did not come with a postal order? I am going to send by registered post.

3. I do not expect a reply to my application from the college. In which case, who should I send my first appeal to? The college comes under the Department / Directorate of Higher Education and is affiliated to the West Bengal State University.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application afresh and address the envelope in the name of college and do not write any other designation on postal envelope.

Wait for a month, and then go for complaint to State Information Commission and pray for designating the college as public Authority.

a)Write name of College (IPO is going to come back to you, don't worry)

b)Any payment of fees through approved mode prescribed in State RTI rules and regulations holds good.   Every authority in the country should accept postal order as RTI fees.

c)File direct complaint to State Information Commission after 40 days as suggested above.