Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0
Guest Mohd Ashhad

I want to file an RTI regarding to know the status of the MUnicipal Condition.


Guest Mohd Ashhad

I belong to Lucknow & in my area for the last 1 year I am experiencing very bad situation of sewage. LMC officials come and clean it up but are not providing the permanent solution. In between UP elections & Nagar Nigam elections happened. In between got to know that files are pending for approval for installation of bigger pipes but nothing has happened. Now I am fed up of it. So want to file an RTI to know the status of the situation but I don't know how to file an RTI. Need help of everyone. So want to know Whom to address my RTI, contents & drafting of the RTI, procedure to send, rules and fees. Everything. Your help will be appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

RTI is not panacea for every evil in the society.

With RTI you can receive that information available on record, and assume as a Photograph.

With photograph / X ray what can you do ? It is not a cure.

First make collective effort, mobilize like minded group, make a well drafted petition with photographs, submit it to local elected representatives MLA/MP and also counselor and meet the Corporation Chairman in person as a group.

Involve media and let the issue take a mention in largest circulated news papers.

If possible, to catch attention make a Dharana before Corporation.

Wait for a month for all response,

Then seek information taken on your petitions.

Chronic problems can not disappear as miracle. The treatment also may take long time.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest Mohd Ashhad

I have already made enough complaints some recorded phone calls as evidence, gave an application to local corporator, Some people who are in the area Nagar Nigam committee even went to MLA to brief him on the issue. She even sanctions a budget (as heard by people but nobody saw the letter). JE justs nod his head while Zonal Engineer just says talk to JE. Nagar Nigam (LMC) don't have the enough budget so they are waiting for next financial year. So everyone is passing the buck. Nobody is answering any question.

So that's why I want to file an RTI to know what is the current status of the situation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Then you can seek same information on record for the entire budget allocation and expenditure. Search website of Municipality, locate correct PIO, format of application and mode of payment of fee. Please open the following link and make suitable modifications to suit your needs.

RTI Application for Gram Panchayat [Right to Information Wiki]


Please remember to suitably modify the queries as per your requirement.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.
      Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.
      Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app
    • shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
      The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
      1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
      2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
      3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society? 
      4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
      Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system. 


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy