nk agarwal

Strange Decision by Uttarakhand Information Commission

Question

nk agarwal

On a complaint under Section 18(1)(e) of the RTI Act-2005 with prayer for imposition of penalty under section 20(1) read with scetion 7(1) and section 20(2) the SIC has given an incongruent decision ignoring basic facts and grounds of the 2nd appeal, Can a review curative appeal be filed?

10 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

A citizen has only the right to seek information alone, the citizen can not question the discretion of IC except by way of writ in High Court. Review is not possible by IC.

Sunil Ahya

Information Commissions do not have the power to review its own decisions, it can only correct clerical or arithmetical errors, therefore the only option available is to approach a High Court in WP.

nk agarwal

Could you pl. share the format for filing a Writ in High Court.

Prasad GLN

What are your prayers for remedy through writ ?

If it is action against PIO, you may not succeed as per Delhi HC Judgment.

You can search website of your HC, as they might have uploaded such formats in their website.

nk agarwal

I wish to go to High Court against the decision of SIC

Prasad GLN

That is right. But you want information or some other thing as remedy like disciplinary action , Penalty, compensation ?

nk agarwal

The complaint has ben filed under section 18(1)(e) as already mentioned in my 1st post.

smbhappy

It is strange that every one is playing blind here and no one has called for the copy of the order of the commission and comments are being made just on the basis of the statement. Mr. N.K. Aggarwal is requested to post copy of the order here.

In the meanwhile members are requested to see the provision of Section 19(9) which provides for an "Additional Appeal". This can be construed as an type of "Review" or "Curative" action to set right the wrong committed, perhaps!!

SECTION 19(9)

The Central Information Commission or State Information Commission, as the case may be, shall give notice

of its decision, including any right of appeal, to the complainant and the public authority.

Prasad GLN

Sir,

So far any such precedent by any Information Commission on such reviews, and informing further right to appeal ?

I have seen several posts in this forum wherein CIC has refused to review the decisions quoting Delhi HC Judgment.

nk agarwal

Would appreciate, if the copy of Delhi HC judgement is posted here.

Has the section 19(9) left un-used by appellants/complainants, there seems to be a scope of Appeal on decision?