user9999

EB issue - common property - RTI

user9999

sir,

just some clarification required on the below

party A is a cosharer of a ancestral property that is in forced possession by party B. a civil partition suit is pending. both the land and EB records are in party A and B names. party B had rented sub portion of property to commercial shops as well.it was also brought to notice of party A that party B is tampering with meters,based on online activity, because of which there is NO EB due each month at all,for last 1 yr, even though there is a active full use of service - home with shop.

just to be on the safer side and not to be blamed,and penalty imposed in future, because of activities of party B, can party A file a complaint followed with a RTI(asking for details of inspection done) with EB office in regards to misuse and tampering of meters. does the pending civil suit has any binding before a complaint can be initiated.?

Prasad GLN

Unless the specific information is barred by a competent court, there is no subjudice in RTI. You can proceed as you deem fit.