Sajib Nandi

Tamil Nadu: NGO Arappor smells rat over handwritten tender files

Sajib Nandi

For issuing a Rs 5 lakh tender to revamp the website of Transtan, the state government's organ transplant authority, the official government records pertaining to tender specifications and its approval by its member secretary, have been handwritten on a piece of paper without any government emblem or letterhead, documents sourced through the Right to Information (RTI) Act shows.

The replies to an RTI also show that three companies applied for the tender which was floated in November 2016. A cursory check by anti-corruption NGO Arappor Iyakkam with the Registrar of Companies (ROC), shows that the company which has put in the second highest bid, a private company purportedly headquartered in Urapakkam, does not exist in official records. Arappor also filed the RTI with Transtan to obtain the documents.

Read more at: NGO smells rat over handwritten tender files | Chennai News - Times of India

Prasad GLN

This is the proper way of correct usage of RTI Act.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• abhijitvdabhekar
      By abhijitvdabhekar
      एक शहीद सैनिक के जान की कभी भी क्षतिपूर्ति नहीं हो सकती । फिर भी, शहीद सैनिकों के परिवारों के लिए किया हुआ ये एक छोटा सा प्रयास ।
      A small effort for the families of martyred soldiers:
      Since last 2 years, I have been filing series of RTI applications related to Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) for ensuring ex-Gratia etc. to families of martyred soldiers or soldiers declared as battle casualty from Central level. Also, filed different grievance applications for giving ex-Gratia to families of martyred soldiers from State level as required. Attached photo copies are just some of the responses received to the different applications.
      During above long process, responses and actions were taken by various departments like Ministry of Defense (Navy), Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW) MoD, IHQ of MoD (Army), Air Head Quarters and many Zilla Sainik Welfare Offices and many District Collector offices and also Mantralaya at state level.
      Note:
      The RTI applications were primarily around Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
      1) Indian Armed Forces: This includes below 3 professional uniformed services:
      i] Indian Army,
      ii] Indian Navy, and
      iii] Indian Air Force.
      2) Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF): This includes forces like:
      i] Border Security Force (BSF),
      ii] Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
      iii] Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
      iv] Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and
      v] Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
      and others.

Hope the world will reach to a civilization level wherein there won’t be any need of violence.
      उम्मीद है कि दुनिया एक दिन सभ्यता (civilization) के उस स्तर तक पहुंच जाएगी, जहां हिंसा या war की कोई आवश्यकता नहीं रह जायेगी ।
      Abhijit Dabhekar.

• saavee
      By saavee
      This has reference to my need to initiate - RTI. queries.
      The queries have the following origins ...
      Social - for my initiatives under - www.saveaamadmi.com
      Commercial - for my initiatives under - www.saveaamvypari.com
      The nature of - RTI. Query will be sufficient indication - if it's meant - for - social or commercial - purpose.
      avishik01@hotmail.com is my email id & 9831033484 is my - personal mobile number & you can please send a what's app ...

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy