momita

Details of Non govt persons who accompanied Prime Minister on his international visits at public cost to be disclosed now

momita

CIC has decided that the "List of the non-govt. persons (having no connection with the security) who had accompanied the Hon’ble Prime Minister on his international visits at public cost should be provided"

The appellant filed RTI application dated 23.04.2016 seeking information regarding govt. expenses incurred on the foreign visits of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi from June, 2014 to March, 2016 viz. no. of foreign visits and non-govt. persons who accompanied him; details of monthly expenses of his residence/office; procedure for meeting the PM; no. of meetings held by the PM with public at his residence/office; no. of electoral public meetings addressed by him and the govt. expenditure thereon.etc.

The respondent Under Secy., Prime Minister’s Office had stated that the composition of the Prime Minister’s team cannot be revealed to the appellant on ‘national security’ grounds which was overruled by CIC and asked PMO to reveal the data of Non govt persons who accompanied Prime Minister on his international visits at public cost.

3505-Ayub-18.01.2018.pdf

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• qwest
      By qwest
      The RTI application was filed in the Prime Minster's Office (PMO).

1) The PMO transferred the RTI to the Cabinet Secretariat u/s 6(3). The CabSec replied that the said info is not in their records.

2) The CPIO of the PMO also transferred it to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) u/s 6(3). The CPIO of the MHA then transferred it to the National Archives of India (NAI). No reply was received from either the MHA or the NAI

3) After the refusal of info by the CabSec, a First Appeal was filed whose decision is pending.

4) After the lapse of the 30 days deadline for the CPIOs. First Appeals were filed with both MHA and NAI.

5) No reply has been received w.r.t. any First Appeal.

Q.1) What should be done after the lapse of 45 days deadline for the Appellate Authorities?

Q.2) The RTI application was transferred to multiple authorities. Who is the main CPIO and FAA now?

Q.3) When the Second Appeal is filed, will all the four CPIOs and the four FAAs (i.e. PMO, CabSec, MHA and NAI) will be named in the Second Appeal?
    • victimoffraud
      By victimoffraud
      In my quest to unearth the truth, I'm trying my level best. I request the community members kindly support me in my endeavour. My this q is in ref to earlier qs only.
      Does the twitter handles of public authorities and the personal twitter handle of Hon PM come under the purview of rti?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy