- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
RTI for getting info regarding action taken by Municipal Corporation on request for reconstruction of drain.By MusicalSoul
I urgently need your valuable guidance and help in framing queries to retrieve information using the RTI Act from my city's Municipal Corporation regarding action taken by them on my written request for reconstruction of drain. The background for the same is as under:
I lodged a written complaint three months ago with the Complaints Section of my city's Municipal Corporation regarding improper drain (narrow & shallow) in front of my house and opposite my house (approx. 6-8 metres total) due to which dirty water and filth flows out on the road. I also pointed out the fact that this particular area of drain was left out by the Municipal Corporation when they reconstructed the drains of my locality the last time i.e. 8 years ago. I requested them through this letter to reconstruct this area of drain. I got a Docket Number for my complaint.
After a few days, seeing nothing happening, I again went to the Municipal Corporation's Complaint Section for enquiring about the matter. The clerk checked the status in his computer and told me that there is no status mentioned so I should go and meet the Junior Engineer in this regard. The J.En. asked me to wait for sometime for the "Tender Process" to get over. I came back but nothing happened.
When nothing happened for 2 months, I made a written complaint to the District Collector who must have sent a letter to the Municipal Corporation because two weeks after that, I got a call from the Municipal Corporation informing me- "We will attend to your complaint soon" but still nothing has happened and 3 months have passed. I don't think they have issued any notice for any tender in this regard. Also, I am not sure whether issuing a notice for tender is required for such a small work as this can be treated as repairs.
I want to use the RTI Act to get information in this regard urgently. Kindly help me in framing my queries.
Thanks & Regards.
I'd like to seek information on number of authorized bus-shelters constructed in the town for a specific route,constructed in the land belonging to Highways,procedure to demolish an existing bus-shelter for road widening, and the procedure to re-consruct the same after road-widening