user9999

just another success story - road work

user9999

just another success story from RTI here

we live in suburbs and had a very poor road condition that went from bad to worse due to the recent monsoon. inspite of all these,there were frequent road diggings by the BSNL/EB and metro water people. there were times where there appeared visible road cavings making it even tougher for 4 wheelers. filed RTI with each of these department - EB/metro water/nation highways/BSNL on the approval they had for carrying out the road digging work and each one ended up pointing finger at other departments in their replies and got a vague response that temporary patch will be done.

finally filed a CM cell petition followed with few RTIs. and to my surprise,i could see glittering tar roads now and all this was done within a week's time with the vehicle involved in the road work having board as IMMEDIATE.

as always, i dont take credit for my RTI but am sure my petitions and RTIs would have made a difference /had made someone questionable and triggered to get the work done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr V S Prasanna Rajan

Please share the format of the RTI applications which you have filed before various departments, which will be of use to others who want to pursue similar work in their locality.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      The person in the article below is me. I had a corporation official visit my house with the RTI and asking for my whereabouts. However the PIO has sent a reply on 8/5/19  stating that AE Div 170 is the person responsible for inspecting the banners on the particular stretch. It is after finalising this reply that I had got a call from AE Div 170 on 8/5/19 evening and a person visited my house on 9/5/19. The reply sent by PIO dated 8/5/19 was received on 11/5/19.
      Further The AE has stated that he has inspected the stretch and removed illegal banners immediately. However I have material evidence that the banners remained in the same place from afternoon till late night. Only the persons who kept the banner had removed them. So can I penalise the PIO for providing false and incorrect information. 

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy