Guest diana

My Mother say's she doesn't want her pension funds and properties to goto him

Guest diana

I have a serious issue that i need the answer on a urgent basis.

My Mother works for Uttar Pradesh government, Health-care department. She has a property in Kerala, which in her name, she will be retiring in next year. The issue is she wants to write all the properties in my name as I'm the only daughter and my Father doesn't play in any of the family roles after i was born, since he left us my Mother raised me as a single parent and now they're not living together though they're not divorced.

My Mother say's she doesn't want her pension funds and properties to goto him, and the property in here as well.

We recently found out that he's living with another women in Kerala and has a son which is the main reason she wants to avoid the pension to goto him.

I want to know the legal procedures to write the will, that will not allow him or his family to have any finance from my Mother. Pension and property is the main reason, why he isn't giving the divorce.

Hope to hear it from the forum soon. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my E5563 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Yours is a simple legal issue. The entire property is hard earned by your mother. You are class 1 Legal heir, a deft statements in a will and get it registered served the purpose for immovable properties. For pension can be through nomination in your name

As this forum is dedicated to RTI issues alone, you can contact any advocate and follow his professional guidance.

Guest diana

I would like to take a moment to appreciate your effort to reply me as my Mother was having a bad time thinking all of these issues. Thanks a ton Sir.

But i have one more question that i need answer for which is, as i had mentioned earlier that there's a property here in U.P and one property in Kerala which is ancestral that is passed on to her.

Since she's working here, can we write the will in U.P that will cover the property of Kerala or do we need to have two lawyer's, one for Kerala and one for U.P?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my E5563 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Yes. From the forum dedicated to RTI, I have not answered your query, but only advised to contact a competent advocate for writing the will. It is his job to legally guide you and protect your interest. ( kerala Hindu law may be different as several states there is several practices of inheritance in the past .like Mitakshara, Dayabhaga etc). But invariably register the will.