momita

What is the time limit for complying of the decision of First Appellate Authority?

momita

In case of decision of the FAA to provide information, what is the time limit for CPIO to provide information? Till what time should a Citizen wait till he files second appeal?

Prasad GLN

FAA must specify the specific date by which CPIO has to provide the information. If not wait for 15 days and remind CPIO. Waitfor 30 days and file addendum to CPIO bringing the attention of FAA on disobedience of CPIO in performing his duty and statutory obligations. Wait for FAA orders and then go second appeal to CIC. This procedure is being stated only to facilitate to get the information without going for second appeal.

Remember, CIC takes not carrying out FAA orders by CPIO very seriously as CIC then will be reduced to an inferior position of directing CPIO to carry out the instructions of FAA.

Further, remember that even CPIO can go for second appeal to CIC, if he is not agreeable with FAA and there are many instances in the future, hence this reminder business to know facts, though there was never any such stipulation in RTI Act.