abhijitvdabhekar

RTI regarding Quality and Leakage issues with 6 Water Dams in Pune district and the necessary action to ensure safety of people

abhijitvdabhekar

RTI with Water Resources Department of Maharashtra State regarding Quality and Leakage issues with 6 Water Dams in Pune district and the necessary action to ensure safety of people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005

RTI Application regarding Quality and Leakage issues with Water Dams.

Department: Water Resources Department, Maharashtra State.

This RTI is applicable to below list of Water dams in Pune district:

a) Khadakwasla Dam on river Mutha, near Haveli, Pune district.

b) Varasgaon Dam on river Mose, near Velhe, Pune district.

c) Panshet Dam on river Ambi, near Velhe, Pune district.

d) Temghar Dam on river Mutha, near Mulshi, Pune district.

e) Mulshi Dam on river Mula, near Mulshi, Pune district.

f) Pawana Dam on river Pawana, Pune district.

Subject: Request for Information under Right to Information Act 2005.

Name of Applicant: Abhijit Dabhekar.

PARTICULARS OF INFORMATION SOUGHT:

Please provide a CERTIFIED PHOTOCOPY of the following information:

1) Please provide information about the latest date when the quality check for above-said Water dams in Pune district was done recently.

2) Please provide the latest report/document of Water dam quality check findings for the quality checks done for Water dams mentioned in point-1 above.

3) Please provide the latest report/document on any action items that were decided after doing the quality check of Water dams mentioned in point-1 above.

4) Please provide report/document on status of actions taken till 1 January 2017 considering the quality issues to above-said Water dams in Pune district.

5) Please provide the total cost incurred in fixing the issues mentioned in the report/document of Water dam quality check findings till 1 January 2017.

6) Are there any outstanding defects like minor/major leakages from above-said Water dams?

7) Please mention expected date when the remaining outstanding defects and issues found in quality check report are planned to be completely fixed for above-said Water dams in Pune district.

Please reply within 30 days. Please reply me in English as per RTI act.

This RTI is done by online RTI website. Please provide the reply in online only to my email address by sending scanned attested copies of documents. Or upload the scanned attested documents in RTI online website. Please do not waste money to send reply by registered post or speed post. If this Information does not fall under your department, then please transfer this RTI Application to concerned Department within 5 days as per RTI Act 2005 under section 6(3).

Please give the proof of receipt and dispatch of my RTI application in the office of each of the officials or departments where you may transfer this RTI Application. Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r.t to your department with the reply to the above request, where I may if required file my first appeal. Please try to use scanned attested copies of the documents while sending reply.

Jai Bharat.

Regards,

Abhijit Vijay Dabhekar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that there were some media reports around quality and leakage issues with some water dams reported in August 2016. Water leakage videos were shown in media on some of these dams.

Even after media reports, the action was not taken to satisfactory level. The time-frame for the RTI was around January 2017.

Looking at the safety of people residing in Pune district, it became very important that the necessary actions are taken in fixing the issues regarding Quality and Leakage issues with Water Dams.

Attached are the responses my RTI Application.

Regards,

Abhijit Dabhekar

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

• Thanks 1