bhaskar92

RTI submitted for first time with some mistakes and still I have not received acknowledgement.

Question

bhaskar92

Sir / madam

I am happy to say thanks to this forum for helping me to file my first RTI...

But I made some mistakes in filing ....so I request the experts in this forum to help me in this regard...

1) I wrote my RTI request on a plain paper without mentioning any date ....and 2ndly I have not pasted the postal orders ...I just kept them along with my RTI application in a sealed cover used for register post ...and posted it along with acknowledgement due to the concerned PIO. When I track my register post number it is showing that my letter was delivered to the PIO .. but even after 7 days I didn't got any acknowledgement in return....

A) I thought that the date on which I posted the RTI application will be considered as the date of application and unknowingly I didn't write any date or letter number in my RTI application...is it a problem?

B) did the way I sent the postal orders is wrong ? is it mandatory to paste those postal orders on the RTI application?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

These are usual mistakes being committed by many experts also.

The date of receipt of RTI application with enclosures must be stated in such Inward register.

The date of receipt of such RTI Application through postal stamps on envelope and actual reaching to PIO has to be intimated by PIO.

Next time invariably mention date, and number on postal order and write below application Enclosure: Postal order No....for Rs.10/-

Also write on postal order your RTI application date, your name and address.

(There are cases where PIO rejected application, stating that the enclosed postal order no;...was not received.  So next time, when it is for state use Adhesive court fee stamp if it is permitted, and get xerox after pasting on  the application, atleast the paste marks are visible if PIO rejects on such ground.  It is mutual trust)

• Like 1

bhaskar92

Sir if my application is rejected ...will I get the application back to my address ..mentioning the reason for such rejection by the PIO

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Never seek replies  hypothetical questions on your doubts in open forum.    Develop confidence.  Heavens are not going to fall if application is rejected, immediately on the same day it can be represented through corrections.  If your application is rejected, your application and IPO will be returned with a covering schedule.   If PIO is considerate instead of spending another Rs.27 for registration, as he knows that the same application flies back to him, ignores minor deviations and provide information or reasons for such denial of information   There are times when I have filed RTI Applications perfectly, except signing the same, but still PIO  provided the information and asked me to confirm filing of such application (CVC).  I have received information from PIO without signatures several times, several enclosures not received inspite of stating in letter that certified copies are enclosed.   These mistakes are usual part of correspondence.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1

Sunil Ahya

A PIO usually replies on the 30th day of the date of receipt of a RTI application, thereafter it should take 3 to 5 days for the reply to reach the applicant, therefore, there is no way to find out what happened or what will happen. You will have to wait for 35 days from the date of receipt of your RTI application by the PIO's office.

If you do not get any response within 35 days as aforesaid then you can prefer to file a first appeal under section 19(1) with the First Appellate Authority of the PIO for deemed denial of information as given under section 7(2) of the RTI Act.

As far as not putting the date on the RTI application is concerned, the date of receipt of your RTI application by the PIO's office shall be deemed to be the date of your RTI application.

• Like 2

bhaskar92

Thanks for all the support sir .. .I got the information required by me through RTI ..Thank you all for guiding me .

• Like 2