rengpuia

About journalism

Question

rengpuia

Sir, what is the safety of journalism in india ? Some said Journalist was not allowed to hurt them, but I've read in Google that in bbc safety of Journalism, 'Journalist should take their own risk to their physical and mental health' and also journalist should be respect..but should stay in save place for their safety, but they can take their own risk for their reports/for their works..im most of the place we know that they are kidnapped, killed, or lock up, So sir in india is there any right or law regarding the safety of journalism..like... journalist are prohibited to hurt..or they should take their own risk ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

rengpuia

Please anyone to answer..?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

There is nothing to answer, and all these dangers are prevalent in every profession.   Those who step into that profession, must be aware of the dangers involved and should take proper precautions for his and dependents safety.  All this 'Z' category security etc., are nothing if some one plans to kill even those highly placed officials / ministers.

As far as I know, there is no profession in India that is not involving any risks / threats.  Strangely, most of the fears may not turn into realities.  We are more killed by apprehensions / suspicions that may never take place.

Even an ordinary citizen that walks on pavement has to face risks in life.

Ivar

There're always risks in journalism. The thing is, even if you go to perform a usual task, you cannot predict how people will react on being recorded or interviewed. 

• Like 1

shubhamkhatri

If you are Honest than Journalism is a profession of Courage and Bravery . But yes We should take some intelligent risks . and as far as question of there murder is related . Remember Mhatma Gandhi , 2 PM of India and Even Abrahm Lincoln were assassinated .

• Like 1