dipankar777

AP RTO : how long shall i wait to get RC of new car?

dipankar777

It's been 3 months and still waiting for RC. Online search of "document delivery status" on ap rto website results in "no data". Vahan.nic.in shows registration number does not exist or not yet digitized. Whats happening. Can anyone give me any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Now they have a genuine problem with software.  There is a time frame fixed under Citizen charter.  File RTI Application to State Public Information officer, RTO and seek specific reasons for inordinate delay.  Believe me, AP RTO is having very good streamlining of functioning and digitalization, which you can not find in any other state.  Chances are also that the cover that was sent by Regd. post might have not been delivered as you were not available on date of such delivery.  Please inform postman to contact you in case if the cover comes to your address.

Application dt.14th Mar,2018 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: SPIO, RTO,............

RTI fee: Rs.10/-Adhesive Court fee stamp affixed here below.

Application:

Subject matter: Inordinate delay in Registering Vehicle No.................make................in favour of...................Documents handed over on........................

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the time frame fixed under Citizen charter for providing C book/Registration card in case of vehicle Registration.

2.Inform reasons for inordinate delay in providing C Book.

3.Please inform the name, mobile no. address of the authority with whom a complaint can be made for delay.

4.If it was sent already, but returned due to non availability of Addressee, please send SMS after Registering the envelope enabling applicant to receive it.

Applicant.

dipankar777

Thanks a lot
Can I do it online?
I have got registration plate. Just no news of RC smart card.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

In AP it is not possible.  There is no on line facility in AP.

Just issue a notice under CP Act and demand for RC Smart card to be delivered within a week, as you have paid prescribed fees, and RTO failed in providing the card within time frame fixed and hence there is deficiency of service and demand compensation of Rs.5000/- for loss suffered by you