Jump to content


I want to file an RTI in a university regarding non-payment of 7th pay arrears to the employees of its project Vidyalaya. Here, Kendriya Vidyalaya is a project vidyalaya. The MoU between University and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan states that the expenditure of the Vidyalaya including salary of employees is paid by the university. KVS has issued orders regarding payment of 7CPC arrears which clearly states that the project will have to pay arrears immediately. It has been more than a month but university hasn't paid any arrears till date. I want to ask university-

1. that what are the reasons behind the delay.

2. Steps taken so far for payment of arrears to its project vidyalaya.

3. Norms of the university in respect of paying expenses to the employees of Vidyalaya.

4. Is university following the norms. Reasons for not following norms.

5. why is there always a shortage of funds for the employees of the vidyalaya.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 2

Try and frame your RTI queries in such a way that they point towards documents rather than questions and answers. For example:

Kindly provide a photocopy of the following documents / information:

1. Reasons on record for delay in ....

2. Documents wherein has been noted the steps taken so far for payment of arrears to its project vidyalaya.

3. Documents wherein has been noted the norms of the university in respect of paying expenses to the employees of Vidyalaya.

4. If the said norms (ref. point no. 3 above) have not been followed, please provide the documents wherein has been noted the reasons on record for not following the said norms.

5. Reasons on record for shortage of funds for the employees of the vidyalaya.

6. Similarly ....


Please note that you can only ask for reason on record under RTI and not ask them to provide reasons to you, a PIO is merely a person who has access to all the files / information of the public authority, who will access such files / information and provide you with a photocopy / information. Please refer to the following link to learn more about it:

Drafting queries for seeking information.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

Now almost every employer has stream lined that calculation through a system and every employer is providing that calculations to employee in most of the cases.  You can seek information in one sentence.

Subject on information sought: Employee Name:        Designation:              No..          worked at..................Payment of arrears on 7th PC  arrears.

1)Please provide the entire arrears calculation sheet the basis on which total  arrears were  arrived.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Search website of University, locate public information officer, format of application and mode of paying Rs.10/- fee.  Experts in the forum always advise employees to get RTI Applications filed through friend or relative from outstation, as employer may not be that soft towards RTI applications from employees.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@hallabol Sir Now I got transerred from that place and my arrears are due. Can I got any suggestions on framing the right questions.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Contributors

  • Files

  • Blog Entries

  • Similar Content

    • By Atul Patankar
      As reported by Kunal Purohit at hindustantimes.com on July 30, 2010
      The next time you are told to park your car outside the building when you visit your friend's home, you don't have to obey. You can demand that the housing society allow you to park in the visitors' slot.
      If it does not have provisions for visitors, you can go to the local municipal office and file a complaint against the society for violating rules.
      In an instance that highlights a little-known aspect of the Development Control (DC) Regulations, 1991, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on July 15 ordered a society in Kandivli to mark parking spaces for visitors.
      The reason: Section 36(2) of DC Regulations makes it a must for every residential building in the city to reserve space for parking visitors' vehicles.
      In the island city, the reserved space is 25 per cent of the building's total parking area, while in the suburbs it is 10 per cent.
      The BMC's order came after Sunil Ahya, who owns a flat in Gokul Nagari society, stumbled upon the rule following a parking dispute that led him to ask for his building's approved plans.
      "The builder had claimed there were two parking lots for visitors as it was a must," he said.
      Ahya filed a complaint with the BMC and made queries under the RTI Act after which the R-south ward directed the society to mark parking spaces for visitors. Ward officer Sanjog Kabre confirmed the BMC order.
      Advocate Vinod Sampat, president of Co-operative Societies Residents & Users Association, said: "If a visitor is refused parking, the visitor can take the managing committee to court."
    • By ashokcomnet
      Hi All.
      I live in "Mahendra Enclave" Colony which is in Ghaziabad UP. It is surrounded by two colonies called "chiranjeev vihar" and "shastri Nagar", These both colonies are GDA authorized colony. But my colony "mahendra enclave" is not authorized, its an unauthorized colony. Here in my colony the drainage system is very bad, road are having pathetic condition, bad electricity supply.
      So my questions is can I use RTI for these problems in my city?
      Can i file RTI against GDA or Nagar Nigam?
    • By avatar.ac123
      I have fle an RTI with Staff Selection Comission, on 18 Dec 2014 and received acknowledgement on 27Dec(near by) but till now I have not got any reply. What should I do ?
      Thanks in Advance.
      its urgent..plz help
      I have send them the rti with speed post.
    • By sharma_pnb
      Dear Friends,One more success story of RTI.I came to know that One of the nationalize bank IS paying less Special Family Pension to widow of Army Major died in service in 1986. The widow of the late Major granted Special Family pension for life but the SFP has not been revised as per the guide lines issued by the PCDA(P) SINCE 1-1-1996 by Bank. I have taken up the matter with Bank branch and found that pensioner is getting one third of her entitlement. I have taken up the case with CGDA,PCDA(P) Allahabad and they clarified that bank is paying less pension and issued the letter for payment of correct pension w.e.f. 01-01-1996, meantime I filed RTI and asked the bank to provide the pension drawn statement of the pensioner w.e.f to 1-1-1996 to 1-1-2015 but it was surprised that bank inform under RTI that the pension record of the pensioner for the period 1-1-1996 to Feb 2004 is not traceable, I filed another RTI and asked some quarries with reference to PUBLIC RECORD ACT 1993. Now bank sent me the calculation sheet of due drawn statement of the pensioner, The total arrear comes out Rs. 15,80,000.00 ( Fifteen Lac Eighty Thousand ) but I found that bank calculations is wrong.In my RTI I also asked the Compensation policy of the Reserve bank Of India .If it proved that the bank fault then bank has to pay compensation @ 8% interest to the customer without asking the customer.I also thanks Mr.Karira, Raveena_O, S.K. Mishra for their help.I have also filed FAA of the bank.RTI Zindabad.SHARMA_PNB
    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      02/21/2018 03:26 AM

    Newest Member
    Joined 04/19/2018 12:11 PM

Our Moderators

karira karira Super Moderator
ganpat1956 ganpat1956 Super Moderator
ambrish.p ambrish.p Moderators
Sunil Ahya Sunil Ahya Moderators
jps50 jps50 Moderators

About Us

RTI INDIA established in the year 2006, attracts a broad audience of citizens, experts, professionals and Government Officers interested in the latest development in the field of Right to Information. We also boast an active community focused on helping citizens to File RTI, First Appeal and Second Appeals. Our download section contains many sample RTI forms for everybody to use.

Social Links


Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy