rtipatrol

CDR denied by BSNL

Question

Sir,

I've requested for CDR outgoing call details of  official CUG mobile number of Assistant Engineer,Electricity Office in our village .AE is the head of the EB office in our village.There are lot of alleged corruption,nexus with politicians,corruption in providing free power connection to sugarcane farmers ,threatening RTI applicants by that AE.

Filed RTI with BSNL to get CDR outgoing call details of CUG official mobile number of AE for specific 2 months only along with copy of monthly bill  .  AE has stated not to disclose the CDR details in his reply to BSNL's third party notice.So, CPIO BSNL stated that as per sec 8(1) (e) (j) of RTI act third party information cannot be  disclosed.However, BSNL has stated that I can get outgoing CDR for landline number of AE office. Please advice with respect to FA

7 answers to this question

You have every right to get it from such AE and for BSNL there is no direct obligation with you as it is in between service provider and Govt dept.  (Every authorities can be third party)

File RTI direct to AE and go for first appeal and you are entitled to get the same as it is a public record.

• Like 1

Sir,

1. BSNL CPIO replied that AE of Electricity Office stated not to disclose his official CUG mobile number CDR outgoing call details.CPIO stated that "Copy of letter from AE enclosed". However,no enclosures. It's missing.I've written to BSNL asking for the copy of third party notice sent to AE and his reply.

2.Should I ask CDR from AE? or lodge a complaint on AE. Sorry Sir, I'm not able understand. Please advice on grounds of appeal to BSNL.

Do both, file a first appeal stating that the PIO has not followed the third party procedure given under section 11 read with section 7(1) of the RTI Act and at the same time file a fresh RTI application with the PIO of Electricity Office.

Sir,

CPIO, BSNL has carried out sec 11 third party procedure and then denied information.Third party i.e A.E of electricity office in his reply to sec 11 notice stated not to disclose CDR details of official mobile number.

Please advice on the query to be asked to AE in RTI application.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide certified copy of Call Data Report of Mobile No...........................as this is not personal information as  the subscriber is a Government authority, and CDR is not a private data of official in individual capacity. and the details are expenditure to Govt that states on transparency and accountability on such expenditure proper  utilization.

Sir,

I  got help from the following thread and  filed the RTI application with BSNL

"Be prepared as their denial may be it is personal information. To avoid this write on bottom of Application as NB: if you treat the information on a record of BSNL, on another Government authority's call payment as personal information, please provide such justification with any such reference letter/clarification that states that official communication between two numbers alone amounts to invasion on privacy and personal security is at risk)"

The CPIO, BSNL  carried out sec 11 procedure and stated that AE, the third party communicated not to disclose his official CDR of his mobile number. CPIO, BSNL sent a copy of the letter from AE today by post.

Will AE of electricity office have CDR data? Whom should I send the following query suggested by Prasad Sir

1)Please provide certified copy of Call Data Report of Mobile No...........................as this is not personal information as  the subscriber is a Government authority, and CDR is not a private data of official in individual capacity. and the details are expenditure to Govt that states on transparency and accountability on such expenditure proper  utilization.

Please read the replies and then only extend further posts.  The following is such guidance given by our Moderator in Post No.4

Do both, file a first appeal stating that the PIO has not followed the third party procedure given under section 11 read with section 7(1) of the RTI Act and at the same time file a fresh RTI application with the PIO of Electricity Office.