bhasyam

RTI on long pending complaints

Question

bhasyam

I've raised several complaints regarding trespass into the government college ground by tipplers,garbage dumping and health and security issues at the college campus.

Since no action was taken by the principal for the past few months, I filed an RTI seeking the following information

1. Provide certified copy of all the complaints lodged by our residents association for the past 3 months. 

PIO Reply: Complaint Copies enclosed.  However, there are no documents enclosed in the letter.

2. Provide office notes,remarks,comments on day to day basis regarding the complaint

PIO Reply: We can't provide office notes and remarks.They are confidential discussions and decisions of the government authorities

3.Provide note sheet indicating notings by various officials and decision of competent authority on investigation report or feedback obtained with respect to the issues raised in complaints lodged by residents association

PIO Reply: We can't provide office notes and remarks.They are confidential discussions and decisions of the government authorities

4. Certified copy of letter, directions and/or instructions issued to concerned authority / subordinate office as a follow up action based on investigation report or feedback on complaints lodged by residents association

5. Provide copy of layout of the college in blue print

PIO reply;   Government of TN prohibits Prinicipal of a Government college to provide layout copy. A prinicipal has no powers to provide layout copy

6 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

You will need to file a first appeal on the following grounds:

GROUNDS OF FIRST APPEAL:

1. With respect to point no. of my RTI application the PIO has replied that he has enclosed the photocopies of XX, but in fact, no such copies were attached with his reply.

2. With respect to point no. 2, 3 and 4 of my RTI application, the PIO has stated that the requested information is confidential and hence cannot be disclosed;

And with respect to point no. 5 of my RTI application the PIO has stated that TN prohibits providing of such information.

With regard to the PIO's aforesaid contentions, the RTI appellant would humbly to submit for the kind consideration of the Hon'ble First Appellate Authority, as under: 

I would hereby like to draw the kind attention towards the provision of section 7(1) of the RTI Act, which provides that a PIO shall either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of the reasons specified in sections 8 and 9.

The PIO has neither provided the requested information nor rejected my request for any of the reasons specified in section 8 and 9 of the Act.

Thus, the PIO has disposed of my request for information against point no. 2,3 4 and 5 of my RTI application in violation of section 7(1) of the RTI Act.

PRAYERS:

1. Kindly direct the PIO to provide the requested information.

2. Kindly direct the PIO to provide the requested information free of cost in accordance and in compliance with the provision of section 7(6) of the RTI Act.

• Like 2

bhasyam

Thank You Sir

bhasyam

Filed FA as per guidelines provided by Sunil Sir. FAA directed PIO to provide the information as expeditiously as possible

Received reply through RPAD from PIO as on date.However, when I opened the envelope,there was a blank paper inside.

PIO deliberately sending blank paper.I presume that he would argue at SA hearing that he has sent the requisite information within the stipulated time.I opened the envelope before the postman and he himself was shocked to see a blank paper inside

Earlier, with respect to point no.1 of my RTI application the PIO has replied that he has enclosed the photocopies of  complaints raised by residents, but in fact, no such copies were attached with his reply.

Please advice

20180623_192941.jpg

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

Just focus on information, orally report the matter to FAA in person, and handover him your grievance, and let him direct SPIO to provide such information to you in person with your acknowledgment.  Never hope for SIC as it is expensive, time consuming and vexatious. I feel that this matter can be sorted out with just one visit to FAA.

bhasyam

Sir,

As adviced, called FAA and informed about the Empty Blank Sheet received as RTI reply.FAA replied that he can only write letter directing PIO to provide information.He asked me to call PIO. PIO had played mischief twice.Earlier he had  replied that he has enclosed the photocopies of  complaints raised by residents, but in fact, no such copies were attached with his reply.After FA, the PIO has sent a blank envelope

Prasad GLN

You can request FAA for directions for sending fresh copies to applicant and mark those copies for information of FAA to avoid further correspondence in the matter.  FAA is superior authority and should stop SPIO playing dirty games with citizens as a responsible public authority and superior.  Convince him.