kolkata75

Suspicious Company; Banking Fraud

Question

kolkata75

Hello,

1. There is a company in South 24 Parganas, West Bengal, apparently a Real Estate Company.  But I haven't seen corporate information data, related to that company (e.g. CIN, DIN, Registration etc. ).

The person calling himself as Director is cheating people. How I should proceed to report the company and take appropriate legal action.

2. How and where you, one report banking fraud. A co-operative existed in 1966 and wind up after disbursement of its property in the 1980s. But a fake company with the similar name has started recently acting with a new bank account. 

What is the procedure to report the crimes and whom to report? 

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Make a complaint to Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata preferably through on line and post hard copy.  Make a copy to state  Finance Ministry and Home Ministry.

You can also provide the details of the company to RBI and can seek their copy of license and what ever details you require. 

Get some evidence of existence of that company (Receipts given by them, photographs of their building, appointment of agents, etc) and keep it ready for further investigation. 

kolkata75

prasad, thank you for your help. I have progressed a lot with your suggestion. But in one query, I got the following advice and first appelate disposed the case. But I have also applied for the certified copies of the documents online. But those documents were not made available to me. Can I go for second appeal ? If yes, then on what ground ?

Capture-min.PNG

Prasad GLN

Sorry sir,

The information is not denied.

When there is a laid down procedure before enactment of RTI, that procedure and fees must prevail.

Because the entire records can be secured from Registrar of companies by paying prescribed fees, you have to follow that procedure laid down by Registrar of companies and can obtain documents.

Search in ROC website or contact a local CA as they can help you in getting those copies.

kolkata75

But Prasad, I have also applied for the documents paying fees from ROC. Still I wasn't given access to the information. Even SBI, who gave 30 Crores of Rupees loan are denying information due to company secrecy.  In that case, what should i do ?

Prasad GLN

If you have paid fees to ROC and not received information through certified copies, you have to issue a Notice under CP Act to ROC for deficiency of services.

You have been asked to file complaint before RBI or grievance in on line portal first.  You can after two months file RTI Application and seek information on action taken against your complaint.

Regarding SBI, I am not aware as to the manner you have proceeded.  I suggest now that you have to prepare a consolidated report on activities, your efforts and state larger public interest involed and then seek information under RTI, as there are no exemptions in RTI under LPI.

You can also file complaint against SBI if they have failed to take any action against fraud to CVC on line.  As far as Public documents are concerned, there is no secrecy in providing those documents.

For example SBI has sanctioned loan obtaining some public documents seeking those copies of public documents can not be treated as personal information of third party.

In case of frauds, all authoriies bolt  their doors  with huge locks and they do not permit entry of even air in that compartment.  A lot of efforts are needed to bomb the compartment to expose, as no one is willing to open the doors themselves or providing key.  

Once a complaint is filed before RBI, SBI, CVC against both banks, you can expect good result.

If they fail to take any action on your complaints refer the matter to State Finance Minister and also to PMO.