rajthak

RTI to committee via Registrar

Question

rajthak

Respected Members as I have filed RTI application to Registrar and requested required information to access from Society Managing Committee. But nearly 50 day's has been laspe no reply from Registrar. Now I have to file first appeal please give your valuable feedback on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Sunny lal
5 hours ago, rajthak said:

Respected Members as I have filed RTI application to Registrar and requested required information to access from Society Managing Committee. But nearly 50 day's has been laspe no reply from Registrar. Now I have to file first appeal please give your valuable feedback on this issue. Thanks in advance.

The organisation is not a Public authority - eg. a Cooperative Society, or a Private corporate or Institution, not substantially financed or controlled by the Government. Therefore, find out if the society is a Public Authority or not.

G.R.Vidyaranya

If an organization is not a public authority there is not much you can do with the help of RTI. However through the Registrar you can access only those documents which are available or need to be filed with the Registrar. If you have filed RTI directly with society then there is no first appeal process but if you have filed RTI with Registrar then find out who is the First Appellate Authority of that office. Standard first appeal format can be used.

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

First issue notice to President and secretary requesting for inspection of records/Accounts within a time frame.

Wait and then make a complaint to Registrar.

In case of no response file RTI Application and then seek information on action taken on your complaint.

RTI is having limited application.  It gives you a right to seek that information which is available in material form as a record with that public authority.

Now decide yourself as to what Registrar can do and what is to be done.

rajthak

Sir as I have mention above that as I have already guided by you experts and I filed RTI application to Registrar pio but no reply from PIO after 50 day's now I have to file first appeal this need expected format from you experts so that my mistake should not happen in fileing first appeal. Expect few points from you experts. thanks

rajthak

I know the first appellate authority. But I beg before all members to guide me in this matter. Few points I expect from you all. Thanks