- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
By Shree Vathsan
Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc." are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?
An RTI was filled by me on 19.11.18 to PIO to finance Department as enclosed herewith, Now PIO has replied that since you have asked certain questions in the disguise of seeking information under RTI act. Asking the question is not covered under definition of "Information" as provided u/s 2(f) of the RTI act. Therefore the Questions asked by me can not replied under RTI Act 2005.
Further PIO says Nonetheless I may visit the office of S.O.(Civil Establishment-II) inspect the concerned file on any working day between 03:00 pm to 04:pm and identify the required papers/documents. Same shall be provided the photocopies of required documents after depositing the prescribed fee @ Rs.2/- per page.
So please guide me the use of word "Weather" comes under the definition of question?
PIO reply after 55 Days and not trying to deemed and denies the information.
May please advice further course of action, as I am not interested to visit the office.
RTI application Dated 19.11.2018 PIO CBS..docx