neel_patel

How to file RTI to expose corruption in the Underground drainage project

Question

neel_patel

How to file RTI to expose corruption in the Underground drainage project in which contractor following the corrupt method to maximize his profit by using non-standard materials and following improper methods ( not following IS CODE for civil engineering ) for working practices and I do applications to DDO but they are not doing any action on it please guide me now what should I do ? which points should I ask as of now ?

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Information under RTI extends to collection of samples of materials.

You have to file RTI Application and seek the work contact, quality inspection certified copies first.

Then collect samples through inspection under RTI, and give a packet of such samples with your signature and seal, and then the packet with you must be sent for Laboratory approved by Government for further tests.

Equipped with adequate evidence on such inferior quality, you can make a complaint, so that there can never be rejection / denial of the complaint.

Tender documents and work contracts must be given under RTI.   If Public Information officer refuses to provide, go for first and second appeals under Life and Liberty clause.  (The inferior quality of UG may endanger lives of residents).

Filing of RTI applications for satisfying ego or through abetment of insider politics or to threaten is different from larger public interest.  lot of perseverance is required in exposing such scams.  Only those with mental strength, power, money, time can only take up such fights and think of your skills before exposing such corruption.  Sacrifices are needed to become Activist and the threats may spread to family members also.

If you are genuinely concerned take it up as a group and never on individual basis.  Enlist support of insider and expert in Civil Engineering .

neel_patel
Information under RTI extends to collection of samples of materials.
You have to file RTI Application and seek the work contact, quality inspection certified copies first.
Then collect samples through inspection under RTI, and give a packet of such samples with your signature and seal, and then the packet with you must be sent for Laboratory approved by Government for further tests.
Equipped with adequate evidence on such inferior quality, you can make a complaint, so that there can never be rejection / denial of the complaint.
Tender documents and work contracts must be given under RTI.   If Public Information officer refuses to provide, go for first and second appeals under Life and Liberty clause.  (The inferior quality of UG may endanger lives of residents).
Filing of RTI applications for satisfying ego or through abetment of insider politics or to threaten is different from larger public interest.  lot of perseverance is required in exposing such scams.  Only those with mental strength, power, money, time can only take up such fights and think of your skills before exposing such corruption.  Sacrifices are needed to become Activist and the threats may spread to family members also.
If you are genuinely concerned take it up as a group and never on individual basis.  Enlist support of insider and expert in Civil Engineering .
Thank you sir for your response, I wish to show you my applications which I submitted to DDO, can I send you please ? So you can guide me accordinglyIMG_20180710_125700.jpgIMG_20180710_125952.jpgIMG_20180710_130949.jpgIMG_20180710_131046.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Sorry, I do not get the present position.  I am also not to competent to grasp any thing from the images.

Have you filed RTI Application ?  If the information provided is not saitsfactory, escalate  it to first appeal.

If you have filed complaint ,  then file RTI Application seeking information on action taken on your complaint.

If there is no response, give a detailed complaint to Vigilance dept., under copy to concerned Ministry.

Leap into some type of action.  Once it is decided that they are not going to open up, nothing can be done now.  By the time it comes up for second appeal hearing, it may take two years minimum and by that time, the entire work must have been completed and bills paid, then there is no further use.

Carefully consider what best can be done in limited time before the construction is completed.

• Like 1

neel_patel
Sorry, I do not get the present position.  I am also not to competent to grasp any thing from the images.
Have you filed RTI Application ?  If the information provided is not saitsfactory, escalate  it to first appeal.
If you have filed complaint ,  then file RTI Application seeking information on action taken on your complaint.
If there is no response, give a detailed complaint to Vigilance dept., under copy to concerned Ministry.
Leap into some type of action.  Once it is decided that they are not going to open up, nothing can be done now.  By the time it comes up for second appeal hearing, it may take two years minimum and by that time, the entire work must have been completed and bills paid, then there is no further use.
Carefully consider what best can be done in limited time before the construction is completed.
Sir Can provide me your email id I tried to attached files but not happened so I can get guidence for filing RTI and which points should I raise in RTI application as of now

Sent from my Redmi 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Think of practicability and value other's time also.  Contact a local activist as this forum has given list of such activists.  Here expertise and the  correct process  to expose them is most important.  Always make a collective effort by forming a  local group and share such responsibilities.

• Like 1