- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Information sought under the Right to Information (RTI) Act from the AAI has revealed that there are 90 buildings in about 18 residential projects — identified as obstacles — in the path of aircrafts landing at Surat airport from Vesu end. According to minutes of meeting (MoM) between the AAI and the civic body in March this year, it was decided to carry out building-wise survey of all the 90 buildings to ensure the accuracy of obstacle height.
According to the reply from the AAI under RTI, the Surat airport director will submit all the details to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) about the violation as per Rule 5 of the Aircraft (demolition of obstructions caused by buildings and trees etc.) Rule, 1994. The final order by DGCA directing the owners to demolish the buildings as per Rule 6 of the Aircraft (demolition of obstructions caused by buildings and trees, etc) Rule, 1994 will be announced by the end of this year.
An officer at Surat airport asking anonymity said, “Due to the building height obstructing the funnel of the runway, the DGCA has displaced 615 metre of the runway. Out of 2,905 metre, we have only 2,250 metre runway for use. If the building heights are trimmed, then the entire full length runway would be used by aircrafts and the future development of runway expansion at 3,810 metre will be taken up on priority basis.”