News Ticker
amjed i kutchi

b.m.c officer

Question

amjed i kutchi

i file rti to b.m.c b f they given me 389 pages file i collet all 389 page copy one of page je of b.f wirtten in that to water department that cut the contion of that illegally side

when i ateseted that copy and file rti to water depatment that give me copy or feed back of that complaint after few day they send me reply that they dont revied any letter from any department so plz guide me now what should i do in this puzzel game from b.m.c sir

Sent from my SM-J701F using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

File a first appeal on the ground that PIO has provided misleading and incorrect reply. Discuss and explain this during the first appeal hearing proceedings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prasad GLN

May be, I could not follow the query properly.  As per my understanding. from following para

when i ateseted that copy and file rti to water depatment that give me copy or feed back of that complaint after few day they send me reply that they dont revied any letter from any department so plz guide me now what should i do in this puzzel game from b.m.c sir

is that

1.Applicant found a complaint made to Water dept.,

2.Member asked the water dept.,. as to action taken on such a such complaint mentioned in the file.

3.Water dept., stated that they have not received such complaint .

Member is seeking guidance on what is to be done.

The better course, as per my above understanding is enclosing that letter to the dept., that gave the file and asking them to send copy of such complaint  (to water dept., as they have stated in writing that the complaint was not received) and obtain their acknowledgment, .  Applicant should address letter to BMC with copy of that document, and also mark tit on his own to water dept also.  If there is already acknowledgment or service proof asking them to provide such service proof as water dept admitted non receipt of such complaint. Then seeking inspection of inward register in water dept., and knowing the flow, and where the complaint was lodged  within  water dept.,

The game goes on with such correspondence, and if that is not material for any important issue,.  iI is better to let off trivial issues  without wasting time.   If that letter is material, further follow up might be necessary.

• Like 2

Sunil Ahya

i file rti to b.m.c b f they given me 389 pages file i collet all 389 page copy one of page je of b.f wirtten in that to water department that cut the contion of that illegally side

Dear Prasadji,

• Following is what the poster has tried to say (the poster may correct my understanding):

I had filed a RTI to BMC, Building & Factory (B & F) Department. The Department provided 389 pages of information, out of which one page disclosed that B & F department had written a letter and instructed Water Department to disconnect an illegal water connection.

I then attached the aforesaid letter to a RTI application and filed it with Water Department and sought information from them as to what action they had taken with respect to disconnection of that illegal water connection. The PIO of Water Department replied that they have received no such letter from B & F Department.

The Departments of BMC are playing puzzle games, what should I do?

• Action Suggested:

File a first appeal with the FAA of Water Department on the ground that PIO has provided misleading and incorrect information. Enclose a copy of the (1) RTI application (2) PIO's Reply and (3) The said illegal water disconnection letter written by B & F Department to Water Department along with the first appeal.

In the first appeal hearing proceedings explain the whole matter to FAA and pray for directing the PIO to provide information on action taken on the said illegal water disconnection letter. 

• Like 2

Prasad GLN

Sunil Saab/

This is PIO reply:  that they dont revied any letter from any department 

When the letter is not available where is the scope for further action ?

• Like 1

Sunil Ahya

Dear Prasadji,

It seems you have been taken in by the puzzle game that the poster was referring to !!

Let me clarify for your benefit, the puzzle once again, which is as follows:

There are two departments in BMC (Bombay Municipal Corporation now known as MCGM) namely: (1) Building & Factory Department (B F as referred to by the poster) and (2) Water Department.

The poster had filed his first RTI application with B & F Department. The B & F Department provided 389 pages of information, out of which one page disclosed that B & F department had internally written a letter to the Water Department and instructed it to disconnect an illegal water connection.

Based on the information received under RTI from B & F department, the poster filed a follow up second RTI application with Water Department to find out what action it had taken with respect to the internal letter received by it from B & F department directing it to disconnect the illegal water connection.

The PIO of water department informed that it had received no such letter from B & F department. Whereas, the poster has a copy of such an internal letter which was written by B & F department to Water Department and which the poster had received against his first RTI application filed with the B & F Deparment.

This is my understanding of the poster's first post and the poster may clarify further. 

• Like 1