News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
bhaskar92

Sender details are not provided by postal department

Question

bhaskar92

Dear members I received a registered letter with ref number ××××× ,but I am unable to find the senders details ...so I requested for senders details through online grievance postal ... 5days back I received a letter from the postal department saying that usually they will enter senders details when the article is booked ....but we are unable to find the details so we are forwarding your request to help desk .to day I received another letter from help desk saying that "as per approved business logic ,only recipients details will be available in report but not senders details"

If so ...how can I get the authentic details of sender from the postal department ?

Is it impossible for the entire department to provide me the senders details... I need your suggestions regarding this ...thank you

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

You can get the name of  sender by opening the envelope and reading the conents or enclosures in the letter.

What exactly you wish to act on getting sender's name and what is the specific purpose you wish to know his name is important. There are many ways to find out the sender though it may not be authentic. 

If you want it as a formality without any purpose ignore it as it is the responsibility of  of sender to write his full details in case the envelope returns undelivered and it is not the duty of Postal dept., to check as to whether sender has written his full address or not.

If you wanted it for a purpose, then search in indiapost website with the number on the envelope, the exact booking time, and seek CCTV footage of the booking counter at that time.  A person that delivered may not be the sender, as any messenger can attend to that purpose, and finding such person in metro / city is difficult.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 2

bhaskar92

Sir it's actually an RTI reply ...it contains 9 pages and only last page was signed ...so I went for appeal ... against that letter which contains 9 pages of information ....PIO has called me and telling me that If you are not silent over the issue ..I will complain against you by saying that "PIO has not sent any kind of such letter to the applicant due to some office work ...and in the mean time the applicant him self has created a reply by himself without any authentic signatures and he even used a stamp which is similar to the PIOs official stamp and it's a crime " by this you will be in trouble ...so please keep quite on your appeal else you will be booked for misusing official seal .... So to proove the sender I need senders details from the postal department.. sir please help me how to solve this .

Prasad GLN

First do not care for such threats and do not have fears to do right thing.

When the last page has been signed you know the dept.,

To get those details is not at all difficult, if you have the envelope with the assigned Regd. No...and on handwriting onn the envelope.

Take it a challenge and you are not going to lose any thing and you have not told as to medium of threat (Oral or through some one else or in office or phone).

First focus on the issue of information and do not distract on minor matters which are insignificant.

Please read entire reply and do not stop further appeal process.

Let some of your friend or relative from different location  file RTI Application for inspection of RTI correspondence by that SPIO and if you are lucky you may get the same copy during inspection, if the representative is smart.

• Like 2

bhaskar92
First do not care for such threats and do not have fears to do right thing.
When the last page has been signed you know the dept.,
To get those details is not at all difficult, if you have the envelope with the assigned Regd. No...and on handwriting onn the envelope.
Take it a challenge and you are not going to lose any thing and you have not told as to medium of threat (Oral or through some one else or in office or phone).
First focus on the issue of information and do not distract on minor matters which are insignificant.
Please read entire reply and do not stop further appeal process.
Let some of your friend or relative from different location  file RTI Application for inspection of RTI correspondence by that SPIO and if you are lucky you may get the same copy during inspection, if the representative is smart.
Thanks for the valuable advice sir

• Like 1

bhaskar92

Sir ...I received a response to my grievance and they asked me to provide a photo of the envelope having sender details ....I refused their request ,but I met the postal officials in person and have shown them the envelope... They by saying the same ,so and so address was written on the envelope and thus the grievance is rejected...

I want authentic information from the department and not the information what I am having ....how can the officials consider the information given by me as authentic ,since the article has been transferred out from their delivery office ,many manipulations will happen ...then how come they consider this information as authentic without having any data in their department?
so I request the members advice me to get the certified copies of the data they have entered at the booking counter when the article is actually booked