News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
debaprasad92

Assembly denies for Information

debaprasad92

As per sec 4(1)1 of RTI Act, each public office has to maintain all its records properly cataloged which will be easier for public to access all information. Here in this case I had applied for information regarding questions asked by MLA and answers submitted by concerned Minister. The PIO submitted that this office didn't maintain such information. The PIO ordered me to visit assembly website and find question numbers there and then approach him. The FAA also passed order in favor of PIO without inviting me for hearing. Isn't it violation of RTI Act?Screenshot_2018-09-13-17-05-59-494_com.intsig.camscanner.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

jj99

file rti as

name of all persons,  posts and designations who is responsible for complying for sectoin rti act 4(1)(1) 

reasons u/s 4(1)(d) for non  compliance of sect 4(1)(1) 

etc

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

The following facts provided by FAA is crux of the issue.

The PIO submitted that this office didn't maintain such information. The PIO ordered me to visit assembly website and find question numbers there and then approach him. The FAA also passed order in favor of PIO without inviting me for hearing. Isn't it violation of RTI Act?

Remember that one can seek information as it appears in material form because applicant asked that information which is not maintained in material form as per their rules and regulations, because there was application PIO is not supposed to search / hunt / extract for that information.

Sec.4 (1) of voluntary disclosure never states to follow a procedure which is different from that of their laid down rules.

Once the matter is uploaded, it is in public domain and beyond ambit of RTI Act.

If member wants the questions of teacher MLC, as information with Assembly is not maintained MLC wise, the only option is going for inspection and searching for that information which is avialaible in website.

FAA hearing according to CIC is mandatory and as per DOPT there was no such mention in RTI Act and hence first appeal hearing is controversial.

I am afraid that second appeal chances of getting favourable decision is also remote if read with DOPT directives.

The only option as per my knowledge is going for inspection and getting those facts from records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

debaprasad92
The following facts provided by FAA is crux of the issue.
The PIO submitted that this office didn't maintain such information. The PIO ordered me to visit assembly website and find question numbers there and then approach him. The FAA also passed order in favor of PIO without inviting me for hearing. Isn't it violation of RTI Act?
Remember that one can seek information as it appears in material form because applicant asked that information which is not maintained in material form as per their rules and regulations, because there was application PIO is not supposed to search / hunt / extract for that information.
Sec.4 (1) of voluntary disclosure never states to follow a procedure which is different from that of their laid down rules.
Once the matter is uploaded, it is in public domain and beyond ambit of RTI Act.
If member wants the questions of teacher MLC, as information with Assembly is not maintained MLC wise, the only option is going for inspection and searching for that information which is avialaible in website.
FAA hearing according to CIC is mandatory and as per DOPT there was no such mention in RTI Act and hence first appeal hearing is controversial.
I am afraid that second appeal chances of getting favourable decision is also remote if read with DOPT directives.
The only option as per my knowledge is going for inspection and getting those facts from records.
Sir, last time when one of my colleague filed for the same information, the PIO of assembly provided 1500 pages of documents which were belongs to my constituency and asked by concerned MLA. If then information had provided then why not now. As per Act the PIO either have to supply information or reject it u/s 8 or 9. Here he denied to supply any information by saying that no system followed to keep all records. He may have suggested for inspection of records. When it comes about website, they didn't uploaded all information there also. I have to approach commission and at the same file fresh application for inspection.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

• Like 1