News Ticker
gautampandya29

RTI SECTION 8 1 J

Question

gautampandya29

I HAVE FILED RTI TO GET CERTIFIED COPIES MY OWN RTI RETURN . I HAVE MENTIONED MY PAN NUMBER IN MY APPLICATION. PIO REJECTED MY DEMAND UNDER SECTION 8 1 J  OF THE SAID ACT. I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT I HAVE TO DO GET CERTIFIED COPIES. OF MY OWN I.T. RETURN WITH RELATED DOCUMENTS ?  CAN I MAKE APPEAL TO APPELLATE OFFICER ? 

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Please go for first appeal, as seeking his own information by the applicant at any stretch of wild imagination does not amount to invasion on privacy of a third party.  You can also pray for sending CPIO for proper RTI training.  You need not pay a single rupee for copying charges as per Sec. 7 (6) of RTI act. A simple format is being provided and you can modify it to suit your conveneince. 

First Appeal dt.18th Sept, 2018 under RTI Act

Before:First Appellate Authority, Addl. Commissioner of income tax, ...............

Against: CPIO, Income Tax Officer, Ward No.......................

Appellant:

Brief Facts: Applicant has solicited certified copies of his own Income Tax returns under RTI on ..............  CPIO without application of mind invented that providing Assessee, his own returns amounts to invasion on the privacy of the third party and denied vide his letter dt.....  It appears that CPIO is not having the proper understanding of third party personal information and  applicant seeking his own information.  CPIO has not even justified as to how providing  his information of applicant to applicant is exempted. Hence the first appeal. Such denial with such reason after 14 years of RTI is highly deplorable, and  CPIO may be deputed for proper training for better understanding and interpretation of simple Act.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to CPIO for providing of information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

Appellant,.

Copy of RTI Application and copy of PIO response enclosed.

• Like 2