News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rollmax

Railway OverBridge

Question

rollmax

Dear sir,

we all Residents unitedly made two WhatsApp groups and started conducting meetings for R.O.B as ours is a area with two railway crossings minimum or even third crossing if we have to go to the Cantonment market.

We met MLA & MP and the group had clearly demonstrated anguish if we don’t get bridge before lokshabha elections.

Railway and elected representatives got the formality done and announced on local TV and in news papers that file is moving and copy of NOC was shared. Now we don’t have any information about file no and status. How we can:

1. track file?

2. Procure copy?

Please guide.

Regards

Pankaj sharma

Sent from my iPhone using RTI INDIA

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The sure shot solution is asking your MP to raise the issue in Parliament in question hour.  You will certainly get authentic information.

• Like 2

rollmax

Thanks for reply sir. We will ask MP for question hour. Kindly guide us on How can we track file? And procure copy.

Prasad GLN

You need not track the file .  Railwaays budge allocations and announce the projects and budgets well in advance  and release adertisements in all news papers.  Eacj station is having a commitee for commuters and regular meeting.;   Contact any one of them or file RTI Application and seek present status of such Bridges.  (it is very difficult to get 100% railway contribution and if state government is prepared to provide land and 50% expenditure it can materialize in one year.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 2

rollmax

Ok sir. Thanks for advice. Railway has given conditional NOC to U.P. State government in same they have requested Setu Nigam(bridge corporation) to complete the entire bridge including part of Railways as done in few projects in Uttar Pradesh. Latest update about two months earlier was file is in CM office for fund allocation. However, six months earlier same MLA told CM has principally approved project we need to put up file. Any time because of Central Election is to be announced so code of conduct will be enforced.

Prasad GLN

I am afraid that is a mere assumption, when the project is not new and files were ready for allocation one year  before and  a mere consent of state is required for already approved project by Railways..  The present focus of railways is to remove  all such level crossings  within 5 years.  It all depends on your MP, if he wants votes, he can do any thing before the election code is announced.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1

rollmax

Thanks sir. Please guide how and where can we get copy of file and it’s status.

Prasad GLN

Application dt.4th Oct, 2018 seeking information under RTI Act

Before: CPIO, Ministry of Railways, New Delhi

Fee: Postal order No....for Rs.10/- fvg. Accounts Officer, Ministry of Railways.

Applicant.

Brief facts: Construction of ROB at..................(Exact location) in between........................station to Station.......................at level crossing of ...............Trains between .................to ................station (......................Railways)

1.Please provide me certified copies of all correspondence from receiving proposals, various office notes, present status.

2.Please provide the present status and future action plan with such granted budget if any for this or next financial year.

Applicant.

(Please wait for minimum 30 days as they may endorse your application to concerned Railway Board under intimation to you)

You can also seek same information from your Municipality / Corporation as Railways are prepared for such ROB with equal contribution from Municipality or corporation, and the delay may be mostly due to inadequate funds of your local authority.

• Like 1

rollmax

Thank you sir. I appreciate your patience on our case and guidance. Legal advice is so complicated that we educated people feel helpless and illiterate for treading correct path and making our government work for masses. Thanks immensely sir.

Prasad GLN

Legal Advises are not being offered in this forum, as this forum is dedicated for RTI alone.

Litigation is the last resort and within reach of only well to do for their personal problems, and in larger public interest matters it may not help, and your problem is beyond such Legal path, and only remedy is bringing pressures on elected representatives, and agitatins  during Elections and a commitment in election meeting for raising the issue and getting justice through political interference.  As I have given my opinion, this is not a new issue to be assured as election promise, but the only thing is speeding up the issue.

• Like 1