News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Praveen Gullu

Where do the animals go in case of emergency?

Question

Praveen Gullu

Whenever there is a medical emergency for a animal, there won't be any immediate actions. They say that there is no sufficient ambulance or there would be delay in the arrival of the ambulance. I want to know the count of animal's ambulance and the durations of the services in Chennai. And I want to know how the Blue Cross of India really works.

Sent from my G2299 using RTI INDIA mobile app

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Blue Cross is a voluntary social service organisations equipped with men, vehicles for rehabilitating and saving animals in danger was brought to their attention.  Private parties offer donations and those donations are exempted under IT Act.

According to my knowledge, there is no Ambulance service for animals exclusively and they are not even equipped with wuth medicines.   However, if there is urgency, they may consider deputing their doctors.

You can either call on them personally to seek information from Head of the Hospital or file Application to the local director of Veterinary Hospitals seeking written information on any issues.

Search website of  Ministry of Animal Husbandry to locate correct Public information officer, the format of application and mode of remitting fees.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 2