News Ticker
bhaskar92

Online public document and it's certified copy

Question

bhaskar92

Dear members ... There is some document uploaded by Registration department in their department.. can I ask them to provide the same as certified copy ,even though it's available on their website .

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Yes.  Certified copy, xerox copy, inspection, are parts of information that has to be provided by SPIO and each form is different.

• Like 2

vinayakj

in bombay  high court there is rule 13(H) which says that what is published on site all such queries are bound to get rejected

but how to over come this section and get certified copy of  online info.  can  any one suggest

I believe karirajee has long time back uploaded on pdf file which mentioned how achieve this can karirajee help us @cjkarira  #cjkarira

Edited by vinayakj

Prasad GLN

High Court rules framed before RTI Act came into existence and they have laid down procedure for obtaining certified copies and not under RTI, they should prevail.

The guidance was given where there were no rules framed for providing certified copy before enactment of RTI.  Indian Evidence Act stipulates for obtaining certified copy from all public authorities.

• Like 3