khan1978

Blank paper given by Public Information Officer

Question

khan1978

I have sent a blank paper to the Public Information Officer, in which nothing has been written.And he also took extra charges from me. So no action can be taken in this matter. And if action can take place then where?Please tell me

Sent from my CPH1729 using RTI INDIA mobile app

8 answers to this question

khan1978

Pls reply

khan1978

Pls sir reply

Prasad GLN

Sorry, Mr.Khan everything is appearing like a 'paheli" , as you have not stated the reasons for sending white paper, whether it is related to RTI or not.

If you wanted to prove that PIO is not in the habit of reading your application, pay fees and get that information.   If it is refused, then ask him to provide a certified copy of your application.

We, in this forum, wish that citizens must be straightforward, law-abiding and disciplined.  We advise members to focus on information.  Once again Sorry, we have never come across such white paper query.

khan1978

I applied to obtain the information right now. So the Public Information Officer sent me a blank paper. And I have been charged an additional fee for these pages.

Prasad GLN

It may be by oversight or mistake at clerical levels.  Please preserve the envelope and the copies as it is  and weigh to tally them with actual weight and compare that weight with postal reference label pasted on envelope.

Contact PIO and inform that you have received white paper instead of printed copy of so...................

Go for first appeal within 30 days from receipt of PIO reply and then inform to FAA that white papers were sent to you as copies of information and fees were collected from you and even after bringing thte mistake/oversight /deliberate atttempt PIO has not taken any action to send required information.

khan1978

Ok

khan1978

FAA means

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

The first step in the learning process of RTI is to unload the Act in your mother tongue and read sections 2,h  5,6,7,8, 11 19 and 20.  It takes less than half an hour to master the process.  If possible download these sections in A4 paper and keep it ready for every time use.

There are three stages in seeking information from public authorities with a time frame for each activity.

RTI application has to be filed before Public Information officer of that Public authority (Any govt dept) Search website of the dept., and read RTI segment in that website that states about Public information officer, address, phone no, the format of application, and mode of remitting fee.

PIO has 30 days time to respond from date of receipt of your RTI Application.  This is the first step.

If PIO fails to provide the information within 30 days of such receipt of application + postal transit 5 days, the applicant has to make the first Appeal to the designated First Appellate Authority of the same dept. with grounds of deemed denial of information,   If PIO provides the information but applicant has not satisfied within 30 days of receipt of such response he has to file the First Appeal stating the grounds on which Information provided is not satisfactory or proper under RTI Act.  First Appellate Authority must be a superior officer of Public information officer.

First Appellate authority has to take a decision within 30 days of such receipt of information.  If FAA fails to deliver a speaking order within 30 days, appellant can go for the second appeal within 90 days to State Information Commission in case of state govt dept., to Central Information Commission in case the public authority is Central Govt dept..  There may be a prescribed format or a general format.  One or two states collect such fees for the first appeal also.

FAA may also summon applicant for a personal hearing of applicant.

The second appeals filed with Commissions will be recorded as per dates, and Information commissioner must provide the opportunity of personal hearing both to PIO and to Appellant, and he delivers orders on the basis of material facts in the second appeal.  As the commission follows a queue system second appeal hearing may take 18 months to 3 years depending on pending appeals with such Information Commissioner.  The second appeal format is available in the website of the commission.

A simple format of the first appeal is as follows.

First Appeal dt. 10th Oct, 2018 under Sec.19 of RTI Act

Against: Public Information Officer,......................

Appellant:.......................................

Brief facts: Applicant has solicited information vide his application dt..................., PIO has responded vide his letter No.....dt.........or PIO has not responded within 30 days from RTI Application.

or the Appellant is not satisfied with the information provided by PIO.

Grounds of Appeal: PIO has not provided information with 30 days from  receipt of RTI Application, hence  treating the matter as "deemed denial" this first appeal

Or

Appellant is not satisfied with the information for  the following reasons:

1.PIO has provided blank pages as information and silent even after the same was brought to his attention (Your specific case)

and some other reasons why the appellant is not satisfied.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing of information as expeditiously as possible free of cost 

Applicant.

Edited by Prasad GLN