jiteshnarshana

Time limit for reviving document after deposit amount in bank

Question

jiteshnarshana

With reference to my RTI dated 21 september 18 ( which they recived on 26 as per speed post ) pio ask me to deposit 500 +300= 800 in bank account. Which I deposite on 3rd October & also sent copy of bank counter foil with ID no by Whatsapp. Try to connect him on phone but he didn't answer.

On 6th October I sent mail .

I call him two three time, but he not answer.

On 22nd October I call him, He say let me check.

Again on 23 October when I call him, he say you will get by Monday 29th October.But I had received only on 1st november. All paper he signed date is 30th september.

I wish to know

( 1 ) what are Max. time to despatch required documents.

( 2 ) they had sent only 169 page of A 4 size & 22 page as legal size

They are not giving details of charges.just say you have to pay --- to get information

Sent from my LS-5505 using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Immediately go for First Appeal under RTI Act for seeking refund and for penalty against CPIO.  Use simple format as follows:

First Appeal dt.9th Nov,2018 seeking information under RTI Act.

Before: First Appellate Authority,....................Bank..................

Against: CPIO,........................

Appellant:

Brief facts: The following are the chronological incidents in the process of seeking certified copies from CPIO.

DATES:  RTI Application:21st Sept,1998  PIO response without sending calculation and demanding fees of Rs.800/-  Information provided1st Nov,2018.  Information provided for charging Rs.800:  169 A4 and 22 pages.  Maximum permitted for these number of copies 169+22= 191 copies. @ Rs.2 per cope x 191 copies= 382.  Charged in excess over stipulated charges = Rs.800-382 = Rs.418.  Charges that has to be calculated  if copies are provided after 30 days excluding demand of calculation and receipt of amount_= '0"  ZERO

Grounds for appeal:  The  laid down stipulations under RTI Act as CPIO as designated authority and has to perform duty and obligations as per statutory provisions   (Refer Sec. 7 (1) sub sections (3) (4) (5) (6)

1. Demanding fees by giving calculation.

2. Providing information within 30 days.

3.Not charging if the information provided is more than 30 days.

.  Knowing that the procedure being followed is not correct, he is collecting charges at hsi whims and fancies and harassing appellant by providing information without adhering to time norms and sending information as and when he pleases even after frequent reminders.  Hence this first appeal 

PRAYER: Appellant prays for refunding the entire amount of Rs.800/- collected as he has failed to provide information within 30 days under RTI Act Sec. 7 (60  "Not withstanding any thing contained in sub-section 5 the  person making request for the information shll be provided the information free of charge where a public authority fails to comply with the time limit specified in subsection (1)

The experts advised applicants that getting information is the priority and to ignore normal delays as we are afterall providing that amount to our Government in return for information.  But it is our duty to bring stipulations to the attention of those authorities, and the penalty for such  deliberate violations, and make them learn.

• Like 1

jiteshnarshana

Thank you very much Sir, I had sent complain through Right to Service act on 31st Oct18 as this thing get repeted earlier in Three RTI.

I am attaching herewith latter sent to Grievance Redresal Officer. If its image not clear I will Scan it & resent

Sorry I can attach

Prasad GLN

It appears that you are well aware of RTI and most learned.

I am sorry, I do not know the way how the remedy under one act jumps into another Act and provides the remedy.

Please do post your success, and enlighten us -as in this forum we have not heard through members of seeking such relief/remedy. and we are misled by Judiciary and Government that remedies under RTI act can only be through RTI, and RTI matters are not treated as grievances all the while.

Thank you and we still are in dark on purpose of your post, when you are already in a better way not known to anyone.

jiteshnarshana

Sir, while exercise Right to service for citizen, only one thing was in my mind, to punish the pio for unnecessary delaying replay, & not follows RTI rules to, by asking on simple latter final amounts to pay.
During my FAA for earlier applications I forget to mention above issue..
So I use this formats.
I will definitely inform result to this community.

• Thanks 1

Prasad GLN

Sir,

For any remedy for RTI violations, the remedy as stated by designated authority is one and final.  As I never heard of taking action against any one except PIO by IC, this appears very new to me and I am interested in knowing the correct stand.

I am only aware that a reasonable letter/notice/demand should be made to fix the errant and if no  action is taken, escalating to higher authority, after giving opportunity for correction, and building evidence.

In Redressal of grievance mechanism, I do not find a specific rule in providing copies and such time frame in any of the circulars in book let published by DOPT as priced publication. 

Edited by Prasad GLN